Oct 12, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
The 30-year-old is battling a groin injury. Ottawa kept him out of Wednesday’s 4-3 OT loss to the Los Angeles Kings for precautionary reasons.
Spezza has one goal in two games so far this season. He might be on the verge of putting up some nice numbers considering his chances (11 shots on goal already) and the fact that he has two strong snipers to work with in Bobby Ryan and Milan Michalek.
He might not quite be 100 percent yet, and the chemistry is still developing there, so this could just be the tip of the iceberg for a team that many stats-minded people believe will be a sneaky contender in 2013-14.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 25
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 41
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 95
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (95)