Oct 12, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
The 30-year-old is battling a groin injury. Ottawa kept him out of Wednesday’s 4-3 OT loss to the Los Angeles Kings for precautionary reasons.
Spezza has one goal in two games so far this season. He might be on the verge of putting up some nice numbers considering his chances (11 shots on goal already) and the fact that he has two strong snipers to work with in Bobby Ryan and Milan Michalek.
He might not quite be 100 percent yet, and the chemistry is still developing there, so this could just be the tip of the iceberg for a team that many stats-minded people believe will be a sneaky contender in 2013-14.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 23
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)