Oct 12, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
The 30-year-old is battling a groin injury. Ottawa kept him out of Wednesday’s 4-3 OT loss to the Los Angeles Kings for precautionary reasons.
Spezza has one goal in two games so far this season. He might be on the verge of putting up some nice numbers considering his chances (11 shots on goal already) and the fact that he has two strong snipers to work with in Bobby Ryan and Milan Michalek.
He might not quite be 100 percent yet, and the chemistry is still developing there, so this could just be the tip of the iceberg for a team that many stats-minded people believe will be a sneaky contender in 2013-14.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)