Oct 12, 2013, 8:03 PM EDT
The 30-year-old is battling a groin injury. Ottawa kept him out of Wednesday’s 4-3 OT loss to the Los Angeles Kings for precautionary reasons.
Spezza has one goal in two games so far this season. He might be on the verge of putting up some nice numbers considering his chances (11 shots on goal already) and the fact that he has two strong snipers to work with in Bobby Ryan and Milan Michalek.
He might not quite be 100 percent yet, and the chemistry is still developing there, so this could just be the tip of the iceberg for a team that many stats-minded people believe will be a sneaky contender in 2013-14.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 0
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 0
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 7
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 59
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 60
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)