Oct 12, 2013, 1:25 AM EST
Three straight losses for the Winnipeg Jets. That’s the situation after they were beaten 4-1 by the visiting Dallas Stars on Friday night.
Not the best way to begin a six-game home stand. The Stars got out to a 4-0 lead and virtually cruised to victory, despite some amount of push from the Jets in the third period.
“I think we just need to go out and play hockey. I think we’re hesitant and when you’re in between, you get caught flat-footed.”
The Jets were victimized by the play of Stars forward Tyler Seguin, who scored twice and added two assists, which marks the first time in his NHL career that he has hit four points in a single regular season game.
The Jets got off to a good start, winning their first two games and against opponents from Edmonton and L.A.
But since then, they have struggled, scoring just four times in their past three games, all losses.
“We were better winning battles, there were some things I saw,” Jets’ head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Sun.
“People will say the score is what it is at that juncture but I saw different things. We played with a lot more vim and vigour, if you will.”
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)