Oct 12, 2013, 1:25 AM EDT
Three straight losses for the Winnipeg Jets. That’s the situation after they were beaten 4-1 by the visiting Dallas Stars on Friday night.
Not the best way to begin a six-game home stand. The Stars got out to a 4-0 lead and virtually cruised to victory, despite some amount of push from the Jets in the third period.
“I think we just need to go out and play hockey. I think we’re hesitant and when you’re in between, you get caught flat-footed.”
The Jets were victimized by the play of Stars forward Tyler Seguin, who scored twice and added two assists, which marks the first time in his NHL career that he has hit four points in a single regular season game.
The Jets got off to a good start, winning their first two games and against opponents from Edmonton and L.A.
But since then, they have struggled, scoring just four times in their past three games, all losses.
“We were better winning battles, there were some things I saw,” Jets’ head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Sun.
“People will say the score is what it is at that juncture but I saw different things. We played with a lot more vim and vigour, if you will.”
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 8
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 47
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (48)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)