Oct 12, 2013, 1:25 AM EDT
Three straight losses for the Winnipeg Jets. That’s the situation after they were beaten 4-1 by the visiting Dallas Stars on Friday night.
Not the best way to begin a six-game home stand. The Stars got out to a 4-0 lead and virtually cruised to victory, despite some amount of push from the Jets in the third period.
“I think we just need to go out and play hockey. I think we’re hesitant and when you’re in between, you get caught flat-footed.”
The Jets were victimized by the play of Stars forward Tyler Seguin, who scored twice and added two assists, which marks the first time in his NHL career that he has hit four points in a single regular season game.
The Jets got off to a good start, winning their first two games and against opponents from Edmonton and L.A.
But since then, they have struggled, scoring just four times in their past three games, all losses.
“We were better winning battles, there were some things I saw,” Jets’ head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Sun.
“People will say the score is what it is at that juncture but I saw different things. We played with a lot more vim and vigour, if you will.”
- All eyes on Lundqvist 4
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)