Oct 12, 2013, 1:25 AM EDT
Three straight losses for the Winnipeg Jets. That’s the situation after they were beaten 4-1 by the visiting Dallas Stars on Friday night.
Not the best way to begin a six-game home stand. The Stars got out to a 4-0 lead and virtually cruised to victory, despite some amount of push from the Jets in the third period.
“I think we just need to go out and play hockey. I think we’re hesitant and when you’re in between, you get caught flat-footed.”
The Jets were victimized by the play of Stars forward Tyler Seguin, who scored twice and added two assists, which marks the first time in his NHL career that he has hit four points in a single regular season game.
The Jets got off to a good start, winning their first two games and against opponents from Edmonton and L.A.
But since then, they have struggled, scoring just four times in their past three games, all losses.
“We were better winning battles, there were some things I saw,” Jets’ head coach Claude Noel told the Winnipeg Sun.
“People will say the score is what it is at that juncture but I saw different things. We played with a lot more vim and vigour, if you will.”
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)