Oct 12, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers made a pair of recalls from AHL Adirondack on Saturday, bringing forwards Michal Raffl and Tye McGinn into the fold.
The pair were brought up to replace injured forwards Vincent Lecavalier and Scott Hartnell. The pair were both injured in Friday’s 2-1 loss to Phoenix, and are set to miss at least one week of action.
Raffl, 24, was signed as a free agent this summer after leading Swedish second division outfit Leksands with 24 goals and 46 points in 2013 (of note, Leksands was the same team ’12 first-round pick Filip Forsberg played for during the lockout).
Philly’s interest in Raffl piqued at the 2013 World Hockey Championships, where Raffl represented Team Austria. He raised some eyebrows late in the tourney by playing on a line with Buffalo standout Tomas Vanek and scoring two points in an 8-4 loss to Russia.
“He’s a good player, who we think can be NHL ready,” Flyers director of hockey ops Chris Pryor said. “There’s going to be a learning curve, but he’s got enough in his game to be able to make that adjustment rather quickly.”
Raffl has been one of Adirondack’s leading scorers thus far, with three points through two games.
McGinn, 23, appeared in 18 games for the Flyers last year, scoring three goals and five points. He is the younger brother of Colorado forward Jamie McGinn and has one goal for the Phantoms this season.
Both McGinn and Raffl will be made available for Saturday’s game against Detroit with McGinn wearing No. 15 and Raffl No. 12.
- PHT Morning Skate: Saying goodbye to Martin Brodeur (plus a brutal Sidney Crosby typo) 1
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 49
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 14
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)