Oct 12, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren updated the status of injured forwards Scott Hartnell and Vincent Lecavalier on Saturday. It turns out that Hartnell’s upper-body injury might keep him out two-to-four weeks while Lecavalier’s lower-body issue stays in the estimated week-long window.
Both were injured during Friday’s 2-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that the only details Holmgren gave about Hartnell is that he’s experiencing a “stabbing pain in his upper body.” Hopefully that doesn’t have any connection to the elevated heart rate the 31-year-old dealt with in late September.
Holmgren said that the team won’t make trades to fill the voids, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi. Instead, the team will give Tye McGinn and Michael Raffl a chance to impress. (Pun enthusiasts are hoping Raffl makes it.)
If early trends continue, the Flyers might be best served acting as sellers instead of buyers in the trade market, anyway.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)