Oct 12, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren updated the status of injured forwards Scott Hartnell and Vincent Lecavalier on Saturday. It turns out that Hartnell’s upper-body injury might keep him out two-to-four weeks while Lecavalier’s lower-body issue stays in the estimated week-long window.
Both were injured during Friday’s 2-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that the only details Holmgren gave about Hartnell is that he’s experiencing a “stabbing pain in his upper body.” Hopefully that doesn’t have any connection to the elevated heart rate the 31-year-old dealt with in late September.
Holmgren said that the team won’t make trades to fill the voids, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi. Instead, the team will give Tye McGinn and Michael Raffl a chance to impress. (Pun enthusiasts are hoping Raffl makes it.)
If early trends continue, the Flyers might be best served acting as sellers instead of buyers in the trade market, anyway.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 54
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)