Oct 12, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren updated the status of injured forwards Scott Hartnell and Vincent Lecavalier on Saturday. It turns out that Hartnell’s upper-body injury might keep him out two-to-four weeks while Lecavalier’s lower-body issue stays in the estimated week-long window.
Both were injured during Friday’s 2-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that the only details Holmgren gave about Hartnell is that he’s experiencing a “stabbing pain in his upper body.” Hopefully that doesn’t have any connection to the elevated heart rate the 31-year-old dealt with in late September.
Holmgren said that the team won’t make trades to fill the voids, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi. Instead, the team will give Tye McGinn and Michael Raffl a chance to impress. (Pun enthusiasts are hoping Raffl makes it.)
If early trends continue, the Flyers might be best served acting as sellers instead of buyers in the trade market, anyway.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)