Oct 12, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren updated the status of injured forwards Scott Hartnell and Vincent Lecavalier on Saturday. It turns out that Hartnell’s upper-body injury might keep him out two-to-four weeks while Lecavalier’s lower-body issue stays in the estimated week-long window.
Both were injured during Friday’s 2-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that the only details Holmgren gave about Hartnell is that he’s experiencing a “stabbing pain in his upper body.” Hopefully that doesn’t have any connection to the elevated heart rate the 31-year-old dealt with in late September.
Holmgren said that the team won’t make trades to fill the voids, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi. Instead, the team will give Tye McGinn and Michael Raffl a chance to impress. (Pun enthusiasts are hoping Raffl makes it.)
If early trends continue, the Flyers might be best served acting as sellers instead of buyers in the trade market, anyway.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)