Oct 12, 2013, 11:22 PM EST
Saturday could have been a bittersweet night for Chicago Blackhawks forward Ben Smith. Instead, it was mostly sweet.
Chicago won the game 2-1, and better yet, Smith told CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that he avoided disaster.
“I’ve been through that before and it’s a little scary and unfortunate. But luckily I came out OK,” The 25-year-old said.
The NHL factors injuries into supplementary discipline, so Smith being OK reduces Ott’s risk of supplementary discipline. He received a two-minute boarding penalty on the play.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing Tomas Hertl 12
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 52
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)