Oct 12, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
Saturday could have been a bittersweet night for Chicago Blackhawks forward Ben Smith. Instead, it was mostly sweet.
Chicago won the game 2-1, and better yet, Smith told CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that he avoided disaster.
“I’ve been through that before and it’s a little scary and unfortunate. But luckily I came out OK,” The 25-year-old said.
The NHL factors injuries into supplementary discipline, so Smith being OK reduces Ott’s risk of supplementary discipline. He received a two-minute boarding penalty on the play.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)