Oct 12, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
Saturday could have been a bittersweet night for Chicago Blackhawks forward Ben Smith. Instead, it was mostly sweet.
Chicago won the game 2-1, and better yet, Smith told CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that he avoided disaster.
“I’ve been through that before and it’s a little scary and unfortunate. But luckily I came out OK,” The 25-year-old said.
The NHL factors injuries into supplementary discipline, so Smith being OK reduces Ott’s risk of supplementary discipline. He received a two-minute boarding penalty on the play.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)