Oct 12, 2013, 11:22 PM EST
Saturday could have been a bittersweet night for Chicago Blackhawks forward Ben Smith. Instead, it was mostly sweet.
Chicago won the game 2-1, and better yet, Smith told CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that he avoided disaster.
“I’ve been through that before and it’s a little scary and unfortunate. But luckily I came out OK,” The 25-year-old said.
The NHL factors injuries into supplementary discipline, so Smith being OK reduces Ott’s risk of supplementary discipline. He received a two-minute boarding penalty on the play.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)