Oct 12, 2013, 9:29 AM EDT
After being something of a surprise cut during training camp, Brandon Pirri is on his way back to Chicago.
The club’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Pirri was though to have had a good shot of making the club this season after the departures of David Bolland and Michael Frolik. Pirri led AHL Rockford in scoring last season (75 points in 76 games) and was off to a good start this year, notching three assists through three games.
Pirri didn’t make the team out of training camp though, as mentioned. The ‘Hawks went with the likes of Joakim Nordstrom, Ben Smith and Hayes — the latter only appearing in two games this year, not dressing for Friday’s 3-2 win over the Islanders.
- Lack’s Canucks win to end weekend of awkward reunions for Luongo 0
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 3
- NHL reschedules Blue Jackets-Stars game halted by Peverley collapse to April 9 1
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 8
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 26
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)