Oct 12, 2013, 9:29 AM EDT
After being something of a surprise cut during training camp, Brandon Pirri is on his way back to Chicago.
The club’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Pirri was though to have had a good shot of making the club this season after the departures of David Bolland and Michael Frolik. Pirri led AHL Rockford in scoring last season (75 points in 76 games) and was off to a good start this year, notching three assists through three games.
Pirri didn’t make the team out of training camp though, as mentioned. The ‘Hawks went with the likes of Joakim Nordstrom, Ben Smith and Hayes — the latter only appearing in two games this year, not dressing for Friday’s 3-2 win over the Islanders.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)