Oct 12, 2013, 9:29 AM EDT
After being something of a surprise cut during training camp, Brandon Pirri is on his way back to Chicago.
The club’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Pirri was though to have had a good shot of making the club this season after the departures of David Bolland and Michael Frolik. Pirri led AHL Rockford in scoring last season (75 points in 76 games) and was off to a good start this year, notching three assists through three games.
Pirri didn’t make the team out of training camp though, as mentioned. The ‘Hawks went with the likes of Joakim Nordstrom, Ben Smith and Hayes — the latter only appearing in two games this year, not dressing for Friday’s 3-2 win over the Islanders.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10