Oct 12, 2013, 9:29 AM EST
After being something of a surprise cut during training camp, Brandon Pirri is on his way back to Chicago.
The club’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Pirri was though to have had a good shot of making the club this season after the departures of David Bolland and Michael Frolik. Pirri led AHL Rockford in scoring last season (75 points in 76 games) and was off to a good start this year, notching three assists through three games.
Pirri didn’t make the team out of training camp though, as mentioned. The ‘Hawks went with the likes of Joakim Nordstrom, Ben Smith and Hayes — the latter only appearing in two games this year, not dressing for Friday’s 3-2 win over the Islanders.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 29
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)