Oct 12, 2013, 9:29 AM EDT
After being something of a surprise cut during training camp, Brandon Pirri is on his way back to Chicago.
The club’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Pirri was though to have had a good shot of making the club this season after the departures of David Bolland and Michael Frolik. Pirri led AHL Rockford in scoring last season (75 points in 76 games) and was off to a good start this year, notching three assists through three games.
Pirri didn’t make the team out of training camp though, as mentioned. The ‘Hawks went with the likes of Joakim Nordstrom, Ben Smith and Hayes — the latter only appearing in two games this year, not dressing for Friday’s 3-2 win over the Islanders.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25