Oct 12, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
There’s an additional reason to attend tonight’s Pens-Lightning game in Tampa Bay aside from getting to see the likes of Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin and St. Louis.
From 5-7 p.m., the club is promoting an “all you can drink” Corona tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley for the (we believe to be) reasonable price of $25.
Join us tonight for a Corona Tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley – $25 at the door for all you can drink from 5-7 p.m. Please drink responsibly.
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) October 12, 2013
According to the Tampa Bay Times Forum website, Ford Thunder Alley is a “newly renovated main entrance plaza gives fans a place to meet, gather and relax before the game.
“There, fans can enjoy live music and interactive games, go inside Rolling Thunder (the Bolts’ mobile trailer), enter to win prizes in a variety of contests, meet Thunderbug and the Lightning Girls, and enjoy food and drink specials.”
In the interest of fair and boozy reportage, we should point out the Lightning are not the only club offering potentially copious amounts of alcohol. At Thursday’s Canucks-Sharks game, Vancouver gave of-age ticketholders the option of a free alcoholic beverage as a token of appreciation upon entering.
Thursday night’s reported attendance at Rogers Arena?
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)