Oct 12, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
There’s an additional reason to attend tonight’s Pens-Lightning game in Tampa Bay aside from getting to see the likes of Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin and St. Louis.
From 5-7 p.m., the club is promoting an “all you can drink” Corona tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley for the (we believe to be) reasonable price of $25.
Join us tonight for a Corona Tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley – $25 at the door for all you can drink from 5-7 p.m. Please drink responsibly.
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) October 12, 2013
According to the Tampa Bay Times Forum website, Ford Thunder Alley is a “newly renovated main entrance plaza gives fans a place to meet, gather and relax before the game.
“There, fans can enjoy live music and interactive games, go inside Rolling Thunder (the Bolts’ mobile trailer), enter to win prizes in a variety of contests, meet Thunderbug and the Lightning Girls, and enjoy food and drink specials.”
In the interest of fair and boozy reportage, we should point out the Lightning are not the only club offering potentially copious amounts of alcohol. At Thursday’s Canucks-Sharks game, Vancouver gave of-age ticketholders the option of a free alcoholic beverage as a token of appreciation upon entering.
Thursday night’s reported attendance at Rogers Arena?
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)