Oct 12, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
There’s an additional reason to attend tonight’s Pens-Lightning game in Tampa Bay aside from getting to see the likes of Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin and St. Louis.
From 5-7 p.m., the club is promoting an “all you can drink” Corona tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley for the (we believe to be) reasonable price of $25.
Join us tonight for a Corona Tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley – $25 at the door for all you can drink from 5-7 p.m. Please drink responsibly.
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) October 12, 2013
According to the Tampa Bay Times Forum website, Ford Thunder Alley is a “newly renovated main entrance plaza gives fans a place to meet, gather and relax before the game.
“There, fans can enjoy live music and interactive games, go inside Rolling Thunder (the Bolts’ mobile trailer), enter to win prizes in a variety of contests, meet Thunderbug and the Lightning Girls, and enjoy food and drink specials.”
In the interest of fair and boozy reportage, we should point out the Lightning are not the only club offering potentially copious amounts of alcohol. At Thursday’s Canucks-Sharks game, Vancouver gave of-age ticketholders the option of a free alcoholic beverage as a token of appreciation upon entering.
Thursday night’s reported attendance at Rogers Arena?
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 15
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)