Oct 12, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
There’s an additional reason to attend tonight’s Pens-Lightning game in Tampa Bay aside from getting to see the likes of Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin and St. Louis.
From 5-7 p.m., the club is promoting an “all you can drink” Corona tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley for the (we believe to be) reasonable price of $25.
Join us tonight for a Corona Tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley – $25 at the door for all you can drink from 5-7 p.m. Please drink responsibly.
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) October 12, 2013
According to the Tampa Bay Times Forum website, Ford Thunder Alley is a “newly renovated main entrance plaza gives fans a place to meet, gather and relax before the game.
“There, fans can enjoy live music and interactive games, go inside Rolling Thunder (the Bolts’ mobile trailer), enter to win prizes in a variety of contests, meet Thunderbug and the Lightning Girls, and enjoy food and drink specials.”
In the interest of fair and boozy reportage, we should point out the Lightning are not the only club offering potentially copious amounts of alcohol. At Thursday’s Canucks-Sharks game, Vancouver gave of-age ticketholders the option of a free alcoholic beverage as a token of appreciation upon entering.
Thursday night’s reported attendance at Rogers Arena?
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 6
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 51
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)