Oct 12, 2013, 4:36 PM EST
There’s an additional reason to attend tonight’s Pens-Lightning game in Tampa Bay aside from getting to see the likes of Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin and St. Louis.
From 5-7 p.m., the club is promoting an “all you can drink” Corona tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley for the (we believe to be) reasonable price of $25.
Join us tonight for a Corona Tailgate on Ford Thunder Alley – $25 at the door for all you can drink from 5-7 p.m. Please drink responsibly.
— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) October 12, 2013
According to the Tampa Bay Times Forum website, Ford Thunder Alley is a “newly renovated main entrance plaza gives fans a place to meet, gather and relax before the game.
“There, fans can enjoy live music and interactive games, go inside Rolling Thunder (the Bolts’ mobile trailer), enter to win prizes in a variety of contests, meet Thunderbug and the Lightning Girls, and enjoy food and drink specials.”
In the interest of fair and boozy reportage, we should point out the Lightning are not the only club offering potentially copious amounts of alcohol. At Thursday’s Canucks-Sharks game, Vancouver gave of-age ticketholders the option of a free alcoholic beverage as a token of appreciation upon entering.
Thursday night’s reported attendance at Rogers Arena?
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2