Oct 12, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
There’s some excitement in the Blackhawks fan base about the young forward.
Pirri, 22, expected to make the team out of training camp but was a surprise cut. Even so, he provided the Chicago Sun-Times with the sort of quote that makes you think Handzus has been whispering in his ear.
“As a 19-year-old, it’s sexy to put up a lot of points,” Pirri said. “As an older guy, you kind of realize that offense comes from good defense. That’s something that I focused on and it’s shown in my numbers.”
(Cue audience snickering at an “older guy” being 22 …)
Head coach Joel Quenneville said that Handzus isn’t injured, he’s just getting rest on a back-to-back, although the feeling is that it wasn’t that short of a scratch, either.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)