Oct 11, 2013, 8:53 PM EDT
Dallas Stars’ right winger Alex Chiasson has scored. Again.
If ‘Alex who?’ was your initial reaction, you’re probably not alone. A second-round of the Stars from 2009, he entered the realm of pro hockey after three years at Boston University.
But his status of perhaps being a relative unknown in the National Hockey League is changing, and quickly.
Chiasson’s goal at 9:32 of the first period against the Winnipeg Jets on Friday was his third of the season in as many games, and his ninth in 10 NHL games dating back to the 2013 campaign.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)