Oct 11, 2013, 8:53 PM EST
Dallas Stars’ right winger Alex Chiasson has scored. Again.
If ‘Alex who?’ was your initial reaction, you’re probably not alone. A second-round of the Stars from 2009, he entered the realm of pro hockey after three years at Boston University.
But his status of perhaps being a relative unknown in the National Hockey League is changing, and quickly.
Chiasson’s goal at 9:32 of the first period against the Winnipeg Jets on Friday was his third of the season in as many games, and his ninth in 10 NHL games dating back to the 2013 campaign.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 62
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)