Oct 11, 2013, 8:53 PM EDT
Dallas Stars’ right winger Alex Chiasson has scored. Again.
If ‘Alex who?’ was your initial reaction, you’re probably not alone. A second-round of the Stars from 2009, he entered the realm of pro hockey after three years at Boston University.
But his status of perhaps being a relative unknown in the National Hockey League is changing, and quickly.
Chiasson’s goal at 9:32 of the first period against the Winnipeg Jets on Friday was his third of the season in as many games, and his ninth in 10 NHL games dating back to the 2013 campaign.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5