Oct 11, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
After a couple years of falling short of expectations, Alex Ovechkin rebounded under Capitals coach Adam Oates last season. That’s extended into the 2013-14 campaign in a big way with Ovechkin finding the back of the net in each of his first four contests.
He’s just the third player in Capitals’ history to open the season with a four-game goal scoring streak, according to the Elias Sports Bureau and CSN Washington. However, he needed a bit of luck tonight.
Ovechkin managed to knock Steve Oleksy‘s shot out of midair, which lead to some odd bounces. You can see the goal below:
That gives him five goals and seven points, but it hasn’t been enough for the Capitals. They suffered a 3-2 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes tonight to drop to 1-3-0 this season.
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 17
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7