Oct 11, 2013, 12:10 AM EST
After a couple years of falling short of expectations, Alex Ovechkin rebounded under Capitals coach Adam Oates last season. That’s extended into the 2013-14 campaign in a big way with Ovechkin finding the back of the net in each of his first four contests.
He’s just the third player in Capitals’ history to open the season with a four-game goal scoring streak, according to the Elias Sports Bureau and CSN Washington. However, he needed a bit of luck tonight.
Ovechkin managed to knock Steve Oleksy‘s shot out of midair, which lead to some odd bounces. You can see the goal below:
That gives him five goals and seven points, but it hasn’t been enough for the Capitals. They suffered a 3-2 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes tonight to drop to 1-3-0 this season.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11