Oct 11, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
After a couple years of falling short of expectations, Alex Ovechkin rebounded under Capitals coach Adam Oates last season. That’s extended into the 2013-14 campaign in a big way with Ovechkin finding the back of the net in each of his first four contests.
He’s just the third player in Capitals’ history to open the season with a four-game goal scoring streak, according to the Elias Sports Bureau and CSN Washington. However, he needed a bit of luck tonight.
Ovechkin managed to knock Steve Oleksy‘s shot out of midair, which lead to some odd bounces. You can see the goal below:
That gives him five goals and seven points, but it hasn’t been enough for the Capitals. They suffered a 3-2 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes tonight to drop to 1-3-0 this season.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)