Oct 11, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Elias Lindholm didn’t have to wait too long before he scored his first NHL goal.
In an eventual 3-2 victory over the Washington Capitals, the 18-year-old forward got Carolina on the board in the second period with a shot that appeared to deflect off two Washington players before just barely getting past goaltender Braden Holtby.
You can view that goal below:
Lindholm was playing in just his fourth NHL game after being selected with the fifth overall pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. We’ve been spoiled by rookies lately between Tomas Hertl and Sean Monahan‘s early heroics, but it’s a long season and Lindholm shouldn’t be overlooked.
Like Hertl, Lindholm is attempting to make the transition to the NHL straight from a European league. In Lindholm’s case, he scored 11 goals and 30 points in 48 games in Sweden before joining the Hurricanes.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 9
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)