Oct 11, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
The move spreads the wealth in Dallas’ offense, with a Ray Whitney – Cody Eakin – Alex Chiasson second line staying intact while Cole joins Shawn Horcoff and Antoine Roussel as the third combo. Peverley was even on the first power-play unit, too.
Head coach Lindy Ruff seems like he’s fond of the mix …
“I think it kind of balances the size out on the lines,” Ruff said. “I think it’s a look we are going to take a peek at.”
… Yet he’s also open to more experiments, especially away from the comfort of home.
“I think on the road, we’d like to see how players play,” Ruff said. “We haven’t played a road game for real yet. The road is different monster, and I want to see what lines are going to compete to be the better lines on the road.”
The Stars play three road games in a row and five of their next six away, so they’ll get a good glimpse of how their players respond to that “monster.” That trip begins tonight against Winnipeg (for more on that, click here).
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)