Oct 11, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
The move spreads the wealth in Dallas’ offense, with a Ray Whitney – Cody Eakin – Alex Chiasson second line staying intact while Cole joins Shawn Horcoff and Antoine Roussel as the third combo. Peverley was even on the first power-play unit, too.
Head coach Lindy Ruff seems like he’s fond of the mix …
“I think it kind of balances the size out on the lines,” Ruff said. “I think it’s a look we are going to take a peek at.”
… Yet he’s also open to more experiments, especially away from the comfort of home.
“I think on the road, we’d like to see how players play,” Ruff said. “We haven’t played a road game for real yet. The road is different monster, and I want to see what lines are going to compete to be the better lines on the road.”
The Stars play three road games in a row and five of their next six away, so they’ll get a good glimpse of how their players respond to that “monster.” That trip begins tonight against Winnipeg (for more on that, click here).
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 4
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 11
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4