Oct 11, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Tampa Bay has recalled goalie Kristers Gudlevskis from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
The move comes after Ben Bishop sustained an injury during last night’s 7-2 win over the Panthers, according to the Lightning’s assistant GM, Julien Brisebois.
Bishop is reportedly day-to-day with a lower-body injury. The 26-year-old played the entire game versus the Panthers.
Gudlevskis is only expected to practice with the Lightning. If Bishop’s injury means he needs to miss a game, a goalie from AHL Syracuse will be called up.
Tampa Bay’s next game is tomorrow at home versus Pittsburgh. We can probably assume that Anders Lindback will get the start in that one.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)