Oct 11, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Tampa Bay has recalled goalie Kristers Gudlevskis from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
The move comes after Ben Bishop sustained an injury during last night’s 7-2 win over the Panthers, according to the Lightning’s assistant GM, Julien Brisebois.
Bishop is reportedly day-to-day with a lower-body injury. The 26-year-old played the entire game versus the Panthers.
Gudlevskis is only expected to practice with the Lightning. If Bishop’s injury means he needs to miss a game, a goalie from AHL Syracuse will be called up.
Tampa Bay’s next game is tomorrow at home versus Pittsburgh. We can probably assume that Anders Lindback will get the start in that one.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 9
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)