Oct 11, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Tampa Bay has recalled goalie Kristers Gudlevskis from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
The move comes after Ben Bishop sustained an injury during last night’s 7-2 win over the Panthers, according to the Lightning’s assistant GM, Julien Brisebois.
Bishop is reportedly day-to-day with a lower-body injury. The 26-year-old played the entire game versus the Panthers.
Gudlevskis is only expected to practice with the Lightning. If Bishop’s injury means he needs to miss a game, a goalie from AHL Syracuse will be called up.
Tampa Bay’s next game is tomorrow at home versus Pittsburgh. We can probably assume that Anders Lindback will get the start in that one.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5