Oct 11, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Tampa Bay has recalled goalie Kristers Gudlevskis from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
The move comes after Ben Bishop sustained an injury during last night’s 7-2 win over the Panthers, according to the Lightning’s assistant GM, Julien Brisebois.
Bishop is reportedly day-to-day with a lower-body injury. The 26-year-old played the entire game versus the Panthers.
Gudlevskis is only expected to practice with the Lightning. If Bishop’s injury means he needs to miss a game, a goalie from AHL Syracuse will be called up.
Tampa Bay’s next game is tomorrow at home versus Pittsburgh. We can probably assume that Anders Lindback will get the start in that one.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 1
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 10
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)