Oct 11, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Tampa Bay has recalled goalie Kristers Gudlevskis from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
The move comes after Ben Bishop sustained an injury during last night’s 7-2 win over the Panthers, according to the Lightning’s assistant GM, Julien Brisebois.
Bishop is reportedly day-to-day with a lower-body injury. The 26-year-old played the entire game versus the Panthers.
Gudlevskis is only expected to practice with the Lightning. If Bishop’s injury means he needs to miss a game, a goalie from AHL Syracuse will be called up.
Tampa Bay’s next game is tomorrow at home versus Pittsburgh. We can probably assume that Anders Lindback will get the start in that one.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)