Oct 11, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
At this point, it’s impossible to avoid a terrible* regional joke: Philly is just getting creamed. On the same night that Scott Hartnell left with a lower-body injury, Vincent Lecavalier also ended his Friday early with an LBI. (No word if the two hurt the same part of their … lower bodies.)
If that wasn’t enough, the Flyers lost as well, falling to the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1. They now have one win, two points and six goals to show for in five discouraging games.
Losing Lecavalier might hurt more than Hartnell at this point. While his floppy-haired peer doesn’t have a point yet this season, Lecavalier’s been involved in half (one goal, two assists) of Philly’s meager goals this season.
The 33-year-old seems like he’s fitting in well, however, yet injuries have been a big part of the problem for “the Michael Jordan of hockey.” Philly likely hopes that this is just a minor issue.
* – Seriously, sorry.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)