Oct 11, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
At this point, it’s impossible to avoid a terrible* regional joke: Philly is just getting creamed. On the same night that Scott Hartnell left with a lower-body injury, Vincent Lecavalier also ended his Friday early with an LBI. (No word if the two hurt the same part of their … lower bodies.)
If that wasn’t enough, the Flyers lost as well, falling to the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1. They now have one win, two points and six goals to show for in five discouraging games.
Losing Lecavalier might hurt more than Hartnell at this point. While his floppy-haired peer doesn’t have a point yet this season, Lecavalier’s been involved in half (one goal, two assists) of Philly’s meager goals this season.
The 33-year-old seems like he’s fitting in well, however, yet injuries have been a big part of the problem for “the Michael Jordan of hockey.” Philly likely hopes that this is just a minor issue.
* – Seriously, sorry.
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)