Oct 11, 2013, 9:50 PM EST
At this point, it’s impossible to avoid a terrible* regional joke: Philly is just getting creamed. On the same night that Scott Hartnell left with a lower-body injury, Vincent Lecavalier also ended his Friday early with an LBI. (No word if the two hurt the same part of their … lower bodies.)
If that wasn’t enough, the Flyers lost as well, falling to the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1. They now have one win, two points and six goals to show for in five discouraging games.
Losing Lecavalier might hurt more than Hartnell at this point. While his floppy-haired peer doesn’t have a point yet this season, Lecavalier’s been involved in half (one goal, two assists) of Philly’s meager goals this season.
The 33-year-old seems like he’s fitting in well, however, yet injuries have been a big part of the problem for “the Michael Jordan of hockey.” Philly likely hopes that this is just a minor issue.
* – Seriously, sorry.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8