Oct 11, 2013, 9:50 PM EST
At this point, it’s impossible to avoid a terrible* regional joke: Philly is just getting creamed. On the same night that Scott Hartnell left with a lower-body injury, Vincent Lecavalier also ended his Friday early with an LBI. (No word if the two hurt the same part of their … lower bodies.)
If that wasn’t enough, the Flyers lost as well, falling to the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1. They now have one win, two points and six goals to show for in five discouraging games.
Losing Lecavalier might hurt more than Hartnell at this point. While his floppy-haired peer doesn’t have a point yet this season, Lecavalier’s been involved in half (one goal, two assists) of Philly’s meager goals this season.
The 33-year-old seems like he’s fitting in well, however, yet injuries have been a big part of the problem for “the Michael Jordan of hockey.” Philly likely hopes that this is just a minor issue.
* – Seriously, sorry.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 52
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12