Oct 11, 2013, 2:16 PM EST
Neither goalie has made an appearance so far this season.
For 40-year-old Khabibulin, it will be his first regular-season game in a ‘Hawks uniform since April 12, 2009, when he shut out the Red Wings at the United Center.
Poulin started four games for the Isles in 2013, going 1-3-0 with a .893 save percentage. Obviously, getting the nod on the road against the Stanley Cup champs is going to be quite the challenge for the 23-year-old with limited NHL experience.
On top of that, the ‘Hawks should be especially motivated after what happened Wednesday in St. Louis when the Blues scored in the final minute of regulation to win by a goal.
“We have to get that game to overtime,” coach Joel Quenneville said, per CSN Chicago. “Getting one point is one thing; the second is the bonus. Here we are, .500 (1-1-1), and we felt we played three pretty good games. But we have to get that to overtime and go from there, particularly on the road.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)