Oct 11, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
A bit of roster shuffling today in Washington, where the Capitals announced that defenseman John Erskine is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Erskine reportedly suffered the injury during the scramble prior to Nathan Gerbe‘s winner last night for Carolina. As you can see, he (No. 4) went down rather awkwardly, and stayed down for a moment after the goal was scored:
Getting the call from AHL Hershey is 22-year-old defenseman Nate Schmidt, while d-man Connor Carrick and forward Michael Latta have been sent down.
Washington signed Schmidt out of the University of Minnesota in April.
With just one win in their first four games, the Caps host undefeated Colorado tomorrow.
Schmidt is expected to make his NHL debut against the Avs.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 0
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54