Oct 11, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
A bit of roster shuffling today in Washington, where the Capitals announced that defenseman John Erskine is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Erskine reportedly suffered the injury during the scramble prior to Nathan Gerbe‘s winner last night for Carolina. As you can see, he (No. 4) went down rather awkwardly, and stayed down for a moment after the goal was scored:
Getting the call from AHL Hershey is 22-year-old defenseman Nate Schmidt, while d-man Connor Carrick and forward Michael Latta have been sent down.
Washington signed Schmidt out of the University of Minnesota in April.
With just one win in their first four games, the Caps host undefeated Colorado tomorrow.
Schmidt is expected to make his NHL debut against the Avs.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 76
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (76)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)