Oct 11, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
A bit of roster shuffling today in Washington, where the Capitals announced that defenseman John Erskine is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Erskine reportedly suffered the injury during the scramble prior to Nathan Gerbe‘s winner last night for Carolina. As you can see, he (No. 4) went down rather awkwardly, and stayed down for a moment after the goal was scored:
Getting the call from AHL Hershey is 22-year-old defenseman Nate Schmidt, while d-man Connor Carrick and forward Michael Latta have been sent down.
Washington signed Schmidt out of the University of Minnesota in April.
With just one win in their first four games, the Caps host undefeated Colorado tomorrow.
Schmidt is expected to make his NHL debut against the Avs.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)