Oct 11, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
A bit of roster shuffling today in Washington, where the Capitals announced that defenseman John Erskine is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Erskine reportedly suffered the injury during the scramble prior to Nathan Gerbe‘s winner last night for Carolina. As you can see, he (No. 4) went down rather awkwardly, and stayed down for a moment after the goal was scored:
Getting the call from AHL Hershey is 22-year-old defenseman Nate Schmidt, while d-man Connor Carrick and forward Michael Latta have been sent down.
Washington signed Schmidt out of the University of Minnesota in April.
With just one win in their first four games, the Caps host undefeated Colorado tomorrow.
Schmidt is expected to make his NHL debut against the Avs.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 35
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)