Oct 11, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks appeared to receive some good news Friday when it came to their injury situation.
As reported on the Ducks’ website, forward Kyle Palmieri, who missed Thursday’s 6-0 win over the New York Rangers with an upper-body injury, is hopeful he can return to the lineup on Sunday, when the Ottawa Senators visit Anaheim.
Center Nick Bonino left Thursday’s game after blocking a shot but could also be ready to go for Sunday.
The same appears true for Mathieu Perreault, who also left Thursday’s game with an injury.
“It felt good today. I think it was just a pretty good bone bruise there,” Bonino said Friday, as per the team’s website.
“Right when it happened, it hurt for a while. It took about 15-20 minutes to calm down, and we knew that would be the case. So we just shut it down for the night. No sense pushing it, and rest it for Sunday.”
However, it appears Dustin Penner, who also fell to injury against the Rangers, could be out beyond the weekend.
He is currently day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 5
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 25
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)