Oct 11, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks appeared to receive some good news Friday when it came to their injury situation.
As reported on the Ducks’ website, forward Kyle Palmieri, who missed Thursday’s 6-0 win over the New York Rangers with an upper-body injury, is hopeful he can return to the lineup on Sunday, when the Ottawa Senators visit Anaheim.
Center Nick Bonino left Thursday’s game after blocking a shot but could also be ready to go for Sunday.
The same appears true for Mathieu Perreault, who also left Thursday’s game with an injury.
“It felt good today. I think it was just a pretty good bone bruise there,” Bonino said Friday, as per the team’s website.
“Right when it happened, it hurt for a while. It took about 15-20 minutes to calm down, and we knew that would be the case. So we just shut it down for the night. No sense pushing it, and rest it for Sunday.”
However, it appears Dustin Penner, who also fell to injury against the Rangers, could be out beyond the weekend.
He is currently day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)