Oct 11, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks appeared to receive some good news Friday when it came to their injury situation.
As reported on the Ducks’ website, forward Kyle Palmieri, who missed Thursday’s 6-0 win over the New York Rangers with an upper-body injury, is hopeful he can return to the lineup on Sunday, when the Ottawa Senators visit Anaheim.
Center Nick Bonino left Thursday’s game after blocking a shot but could also be ready to go for Sunday.
The same appears true for Mathieu Perreault, who also left Thursday’s game with an injury.
“It felt good today. I think it was just a pretty good bone bruise there,” Bonino said Friday, as per the team’s website.
“Right when it happened, it hurt for a while. It took about 15-20 minutes to calm down, and we knew that would be the case. So we just shut it down for the night. No sense pushing it, and rest it for Sunday.”
However, it appears Dustin Penner, who also fell to injury against the Rangers, could be out beyond the weekend.
He is currently day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 46
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)