Oct 11, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks appeared to receive some good news Friday when it came to their injury situation.
As reported on the Ducks’ website, forward Kyle Palmieri, who missed Thursday’s 6-0 win over the New York Rangers with an upper-body injury, is hopeful he can return to the lineup on Sunday, when the Ottawa Senators visit Anaheim.
Center Nick Bonino left Thursday’s game after blocking a shot but could also be ready to go for Sunday.
The same appears true for Mathieu Perreault, who also left Thursday’s game with an injury.
“It felt good today. I think it was just a pretty good bone bruise there,” Bonino said Friday, as per the team’s website.
“Right when it happened, it hurt for a while. It took about 15-20 minutes to calm down, and we knew that would be the case. So we just shut it down for the night. No sense pushing it, and rest it for Sunday.”
However, it appears Dustin Penner, who also fell to injury against the Rangers, could be out beyond the weekend.
He is currently day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54