Oct 11, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks appeared to receive some good news Friday when it came to their injury situation.
As reported on the Ducks’ website, forward Kyle Palmieri, who missed Thursday’s 6-0 win over the New York Rangers with an upper-body injury, is hopeful he can return to the lineup on Sunday, when the Ottawa Senators visit Anaheim.
Center Nick Bonino left Thursday’s game after blocking a shot but could also be ready to go for Sunday.
The same appears true for Mathieu Perreault, who also left Thursday’s game with an injury.
“It felt good today. I think it was just a pretty good bone bruise there,” Bonino said Friday, as per the team’s website.
“Right when it happened, it hurt for a while. It took about 15-20 minutes to calm down, and we knew that would be the case. So we just shut it down for the night. No sense pushing it, and rest it for Sunday.”
However, it appears Dustin Penner, who also fell to injury against the Rangers, could be out beyond the weekend.
He is currently day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32