Oct 11, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
It’s already rare given they’re stationed in different conferences, but it’s a father versus son match-up right now between the L.A. Kings and Carolina Hurricanes.
On the Kings bench is head coach Darryl Sutter, while on the ice for the Hurricanes is his 26-year-old son, Brett Sutter.
“I wish we had some time off so I could see him,” Darryl Sutter said, as per the L.A. Times.
“It’s not a big deal coaching against him. We’ve been in locker rooms our whole lives. The only time I’ve coached him, the only time I’ve been on the ice with him is in novice hockey.
“He grew up in the dressing room. He knows what’s going on.”
The son Sutter is originally a draft pick of the Calgary Flames, but is now a member of the Hurricanes organization.
He’s spent the majority of his career in the American Hockey League, but has appeared in all five of Carolina’s games early on in this season.
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 7
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)