Oct 11, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
It’s already rare given they’re stationed in different conferences, but it’s a father versus son match-up right now between the L.A. Kings and Carolina Hurricanes.
On the Kings bench is head coach Darryl Sutter, while on the ice for the Hurricanes is his 26-year-old son, Brett Sutter.
“I wish we had some time off so I could see him,” Darryl Sutter said, as per the L.A. Times.
“It’s not a big deal coaching against him. We’ve been in locker rooms our whole lives. The only time I’ve coached him, the only time I’ve been on the ice with him is in novice hockey.
“He grew up in the dressing room. He knows what’s going on.”
The son Sutter is originally a draft pick of the Calgary Flames, but is now a member of the Hurricanes organization.
He’s spent the majority of his career in the American Hockey League, but has appeared in all five of Carolina’s games early on in this season.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54