Oct 11, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seem like they can’t buy injury luck, so maybe Elias Lindholm is fitting in quickly. He was banged up twice against the Los Angeles Kings on Friday, with an upper-body injury ending his night, according to Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer.
Lindholm, 18, came into tonight’s game with one goal in four games on his lone shot on goal. He added another shot on goal tonight, but remains with one point in his brief NHL career.
It will be interesting to see if the Hurricanes keep the fifth pick of the 2013 NHL Draft at the NHL level beyond the nine-game deadline before they’d “burn” a season from his entry-level contract.
This wasn’t the only worrisome moment of the night, as Justin Faulk seemingly suffered a lower-body injury, but managed to return.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)