Oct 11, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seem like they can’t buy injury luck, so maybe Elias Lindholm is fitting in quickly. He was banged up twice against the Los Angeles Kings on Friday, with an upper-body injury ending his night, according to Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer.
Lindholm, 18, came into tonight’s game with one goal in four games on his lone shot on goal. He added another shot on goal tonight, but remains with one point in his brief NHL career.
It will be interesting to see if the Hurricanes keep the fifth pick of the 2013 NHL Draft at the NHL level beyond the nine-game deadline before they’d “burn” a season from his entry-level contract.
This wasn’t the only worrisome moment of the night, as Justin Faulk seemingly suffered a lower-body injury, but managed to return.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17