Oct 11, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes seem like they can’t buy injury luck, so maybe Elias Lindholm is fitting in quickly. He was banged up twice against the Los Angeles Kings on Friday, with an upper-body injury ending his night, according to Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer.
Lindholm, 18, came into tonight’s game with one goal in four games on his lone shot on goal. He added another shot on goal tonight, but remains with one point in his brief NHL career.
It will be interesting to see if the Hurricanes keep the fifth pick of the 2013 NHL Draft at the NHL level beyond the nine-game deadline before they’d “burn” a season from his entry-level contract.
This wasn’t the only worrisome moment of the night, as Justin Faulk seemingly suffered a lower-body injury, but managed to return.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)