Oct 11, 2013, 8:47 PM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes seem like they can’t buy injury luck, so maybe Elias Lindholm is fitting in quickly. He was banged up twice against the Los Angeles Kings on Friday, with an upper-body injury ending his night, according to Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer.
Lindholm, 18, came into tonight’s game with one goal in four games on his lone shot on goal. He added another shot on goal tonight, but remains with one point in his brief NHL career.
It will be interesting to see if the Hurricanes keep the fifth pick of the 2013 NHL Draft at the NHL level beyond the nine-game deadline before they’d “burn” a season from his entry-level contract.
This wasn’t the only worrisome moment of the night, as Justin Faulk seemingly suffered a lower-body injury, but managed to return.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)