Oct 11, 2013, 1:07 AM EST
At least the New York Rangers didn’t allow a goal in the third period of their 6-0 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. When you get outscored 15-2 in just two games, you have to take your victories wherever you can get them.
Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist wasn’t yanked from this game like he was against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but the normally superb goaltender’s struggles continued. Not that the Rangers’ woes can be pinned on him.
On a more positive note, the Anaheim Ducks’ 20th home opener was certainly one to remember. Jonas Hiller earned a 34-save shutout and sophomore Jakob Silfverberg scored twice to give him four goals in as many games this season.
Dustin Penner also scored his first goal with the Anaheim Ducks since he left them following the 2006-07 campaign. Unfortunately, Penner ended up suffering a lower-body injury and the Ducks also lost forward Mathieu Perreault (upper body), according to the team’s website.
The Rangers will get a day off before they have to face the St. Louis Blues. Anaheim will host the Ottawa Senators on Sunday.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)