Oct 11, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
From the newspaper’s story:
Bishop appeared to suffer the injury early in the third period after allowing a goal to Panthers forward Jonathan Huberdeau. Bishop was seen flexing his leg after getting back to his skates, but he remained in the game.
“He got banged up at some point during the game, but it wasn’t something that was major cause for concern because he said he was fine during the game,’’ Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. “But through the course of the night I think things tightened up on him. And with games coming every second day, we just felt there was no need to put him on the ice. We will reevaluate him (Saturday).’’
The Lightning host Los Angeles Tuesday and Minnesota Thursday.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8