Oct 11, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
From the newspaper’s story:
Bishop appeared to suffer the injury early in the third period after allowing a goal to Panthers forward Jonathan Huberdeau. Bishop was seen flexing his leg after getting back to his skates, but he remained in the game.
“He got banged up at some point during the game, but it wasn’t something that was major cause for concern because he said he was fine during the game,’’ Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. “But through the course of the night I think things tightened up on him. And with games coming every second day, we just felt there was no need to put him on the ice. We will reevaluate him (Saturday).’’
The Lightning host Los Angeles Tuesday and Minnesota Thursday.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22