Oct 11, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
From the newspaper’s story:
Bishop appeared to suffer the injury early in the third period after allowing a goal to Panthers forward Jonathan Huberdeau. Bishop was seen flexing his leg after getting back to his skates, but he remained in the game.
“He got banged up at some point during the game, but it wasn’t something that was major cause for concern because he said he was fine during the game,’’ Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. “But through the course of the night I think things tightened up on him. And with games coming every second day, we just felt there was no need to put him on the ice. We will reevaluate him (Saturday).’’
The Lightning host Los Angeles Tuesday and Minnesota Thursday.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39