Oct 11, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
To nobody’s surprise, Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock was none too pleased with last night’s 4-2 home loss to the Phoenix Coyotes.
Also to nobody’s surprise, he’s going to do something about it.
“That’s not good enough for us. We weren’t good enough in any way,” Babcock said, per MLive.com. “We’ll have to look at our power play and everybody and what we’re doing. Obviously, we didn’t do a very good job as a coaching staff, because we weren’t prepared tonight.”
Detroit had four days to prepare for the Coyotes after losing to the Bruins on Saturday, yet they were still outplayed by the visitors.
“That’s two games in a row that we haven’t looked like us,” said veteran forward Daniel Cleary.
Worth noting: free-agent addition Stephen Weiss was on the ice for all four Coyotes goals. The 30-year-old has just one goal in four games, with only six registered shots.
Detroit hosts Philadelphia tomorrow.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 13
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 48
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 13
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)