Oct 11, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
To nobody’s surprise, Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock was none too pleased with last night’s 4-2 home loss to the Phoenix Coyotes.
Also to nobody’s surprise, he’s going to do something about it.
“That’s not good enough for us. We weren’t good enough in any way,” Babcock said, per MLive.com. “We’ll have to look at our power play and everybody and what we’re doing. Obviously, we didn’t do a very good job as a coaching staff, because we weren’t prepared tonight.”
Detroit had four days to prepare for the Coyotes after losing to the Bruins on Saturday, yet they were still outplayed by the visitors.
“That’s two games in a row that we haven’t looked like us,” said veteran forward Daniel Cleary.
Worth noting: free-agent addition Stephen Weiss was on the ice for all four Coyotes goals. The 30-year-old has just one goal in four games, with only six registered shots.
Detroit hosts Philadelphia tomorrow.
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 13
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 15
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 26
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)