Oct 11, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
To nobody’s surprise, Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock was none too pleased with last night’s 4-2 home loss to the Phoenix Coyotes.
Also to nobody’s surprise, he’s going to do something about it.
“That’s not good enough for us. We weren’t good enough in any way,” Babcock said, per MLive.com. “We’ll have to look at our power play and everybody and what we’re doing. Obviously, we didn’t do a very good job as a coaching staff, because we weren’t prepared tonight.”
Detroit had four days to prepare for the Coyotes after losing to the Bruins on Saturday, yet they were still outplayed by the visitors.
“That’s two games in a row that we haven’t looked like us,” said veteran forward Daniel Cleary.
Worth noting: free-agent addition Stephen Weiss was on the ice for all four Coyotes goals. The 30-year-old has just one goal in four games, with only six registered shots.
Detroit hosts Philadelphia tomorrow.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)