Oct 11, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
To nobody’s surprise, Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock was none too pleased with last night’s 4-2 home loss to the Phoenix Coyotes.
Also to nobody’s surprise, he’s going to do something about it.
“That’s not good enough for us. We weren’t good enough in any way,” Babcock said, per MLive.com. “We’ll have to look at our power play and everybody and what we’re doing. Obviously, we didn’t do a very good job as a coaching staff, because we weren’t prepared tonight.”
Detroit had four days to prepare for the Coyotes after losing to the Bruins on Saturday, yet they were still outplayed by the visitors.
“That’s two games in a row that we haven’t looked like us,” said veteran forward Daniel Cleary.
Worth noting: free-agent addition Stephen Weiss was on the ice for all four Coyotes goals. The 30-year-old has just one goal in four games, with only six registered shots.
Detroit hosts Philadelphia tomorrow.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 16
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)