Oct 11, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
The 28-year-old hasn’t appeared in a regular season game for the Avs, so it probably shouldn’t be too shocking that he was the odd man out.
He collected six assists in 43 games last season for Colorado and began his time with the organization in 2010-11. He has one year left on a deal that carries a $1.6 million cap hit and salary, so there’s a good chance he’ll clear waivers and make it to the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters.
Hunwick was a seventh-round pick (224th overall), so he’s used to fighting for time.
Wilson, 26, was limited to 12 games last season, collecting three assists in that time.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32