Oct 11, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
The 28-year-old hasn’t appeared in a regular season game for the Avs, so it probably shouldn’t be too shocking that he was the odd man out.
He collected six assists in 43 games last season for Colorado and began his time with the organization in 2010-11. He has one year left on a deal that carries a $1.6 million cap hit and salary, so there’s a good chance he’ll clear waivers and make it to the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters.
Hunwick was a seventh-round pick (224th overall), so he’s used to fighting for time.
Wilson, 26, was limited to 12 games last season, collecting three assists in that time.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)