Oct 11, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
The 28-year-old hasn’t appeared in a regular season game for the Avs, so it probably shouldn’t be too shocking that he was the odd man out.
He collected six assists in 43 games last season for Colorado and began his time with the organization in 2010-11. He has one year left on a deal that carries a $1.6 million cap hit and salary, so there’s a good chance he’ll clear waivers and make it to the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters.
Hunwick was a seventh-round pick (224th overall), so he’s used to fighting for time.
Wilson, 26, was limited to 12 games last season, collecting three assists in that time.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 18
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 38
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 59
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)