Oct 11, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
The 28-year-old hasn’t appeared in a regular season game for the Avs, so it probably shouldn’t be too shocking that he was the odd man out.
He collected six assists in 43 games last season for Colorado and began his time with the organization in 2010-11. He has one year left on a deal that carries a $1.6 million cap hit and salary, so there’s a good chance he’ll clear waivers and make it to the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters.
Hunwick was a seventh-round pick (224th overall), so he’s used to fighting for time.
Wilson, 26, was limited to 12 games last season, collecting three assists in that time.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)