Oct 10, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
Jones, 29, was making a good first impression with the Flames after being involved in the Alex Tanguay trade with Colorado, scoring four points in his first four games.
He’s had his fair share of bumps and bruises over the years, never playing more than 77 games in a single season. This seemed like a nice chance for the sniper to redeem himself after disappointing with the Avs, so hopefully this is just a minor issue.
Update (1:25 p.m. ET)
Jones has been placed on injured reserve (retroactive to Oct. 9) with an upper-body injury and is week-to-week.
The Flames have recalled center Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford.
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 12
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 61
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 13
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)