Oct 10, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
Jones, 29, was making a good first impression with the Flames after being involved in the Alex Tanguay trade with Colorado, scoring four points in his first four games.
He’s had his fair share of bumps and bruises over the years, never playing more than 77 games in a single season. This seemed like a nice chance for the sniper to redeem himself after disappointing with the Avs, so hopefully this is just a minor issue.
Update (1:25 p.m. ET)
Jones has been placed on injured reserve (retroactive to Oct. 9) with an upper-body injury and is week-to-week.
The Flames have recalled center Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)