Oct 10, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
Jones, 29, was making a good first impression with the Flames after being involved in the Alex Tanguay trade with Colorado, scoring four points in his first four games.
He’s had his fair share of bumps and bruises over the years, never playing more than 77 games in a single season. This seemed like a nice chance for the sniper to redeem himself after disappointing with the Avs, so hopefully this is just a minor issue.
Update (1:25 p.m. ET)
Jones has been placed on injured reserve (retroactive to Oct. 9) with an upper-body injury and is week-to-week.
The Flames have recalled center Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford.
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 1
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 15
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)