Oct 10, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
Jones, 29, was making a good first impression with the Flames after being involved in the Alex Tanguay trade with Colorado, scoring four points in his first four games.
He’s had his fair share of bumps and bruises over the years, never playing more than 77 games in a single season. This seemed like a nice chance for the sniper to redeem himself after disappointing with the Avs, so hopefully this is just a minor issue.
Update (1:25 p.m. ET)
Jones has been placed on injured reserve (retroactive to Oct. 9) with an upper-body injury and is week-to-week.
The Flames have recalled center Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)