Oct 10, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
Jones, 29, was making a good first impression with the Flames after being involved in the Alex Tanguay trade with Colorado, scoring four points in his first four games.
He’s had his fair share of bumps and bruises over the years, never playing more than 77 games in a single season. This seemed like a nice chance for the sniper to redeem himself after disappointing with the Avs, so hopefully this is just a minor issue.
Update (1:25 p.m. ET)
Jones has been placed on injured reserve (retroactive to Oct. 9) with an upper-body injury and is week-to-week.
The Flames have recalled center Blair Jones from AHL Abbotsford.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 30
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 71
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)