Oct 10, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
New York’s nine-game road swing to start the season just got tougher.
Nash, 29, said he “just didn’t feel right” following the hit — a troubling development given his concussion history. Nash missed four games last season after getting concussed on a bodycheck from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
Yahoo!’s Nick Consonika was “hearing” that Nash is expected to be out 7-10 days.
If true, it’s possible Nash could miss as many as four games. The Rangers play tonight in Anaheim, Saturday in St. Louis, Wednesday in Washington and Saturday in New Jersey — the latter coming on Oct. 19, which would fall between the 7-10 day window.
Losing Nash for any length of time will be a big blow. He’s currently tied for the team lead in assists (three) and points (three) and led the Rangers in goals last season, with 21.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5