Oct 10, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
New York’s nine-game road swing to start the season just got tougher.
Nash, 29, said he “just didn’t feel right” following the hit — a troubling development given his concussion history. Nash missed four games last season after getting concussed on a bodycheck from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
Yahoo!’s Nick Consonika was “hearing” that Nash is expected to be out 7-10 days.
If true, it’s possible Nash could miss as many as four games. The Rangers play tonight in Anaheim, Saturday in St. Louis, Wednesday in Washington and Saturday in New Jersey — the latter coming on Oct. 19, which would fall between the 7-10 day window.
Losing Nash for any length of time will be a big blow. He’s currently tied for the team lead in assists (three) and points (three) and led the Rangers in goals last season, with 21.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)