Oct 10, 2013, 2:43 PM EDT
New York’s nine-game road swing to start the season just got tougher.
Nash, 29, said he “just didn’t feel right” following the hit — a troubling development given his concussion history. Nash missed four games last season after getting concussed on a bodycheck from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
Yahoo!’s Nick Consonika was “hearing” that Nash is expected to be out 7-10 days.
If true, it’s possible Nash could miss as many as four games. The Rangers play tonight in Anaheim, Saturday in St. Louis, Wednesday in Washington and Saturday in New Jersey — the latter coming on Oct. 19, which would fall between the 7-10 day window.
Losing Nash for any length of time will be a big blow. He’s currently tied for the team lead in assists (three) and points (three) and led the Rangers in goals last season, with 21.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 0
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 6
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)