Oct 10, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
New York’s nine-game road swing to start the season just got tougher.
Nash, 29, said he “just didn’t feel right” following the hit — a troubling development given his concussion history. Nash missed four games last season after getting concussed on a bodycheck from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
Yahoo!’s Nick Consonika was “hearing” that Nash is expected to be out 7-10 days.
If true, it’s possible Nash could miss as many as four games. The Rangers play tonight in Anaheim, Saturday in St. Louis, Wednesday in Washington and Saturday in New Jersey — the latter coming on Oct. 19, which would fall between the 7-10 day window.
Losing Nash for any length of time will be a big blow. He’s currently tied for the team lead in assists (three) and points (three) and led the Rangers in goals last season, with 21.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11