Oct 10, 2013, 2:43 PM EST
New York’s nine-game road swing to start the season just got tougher.
Nash, 29, said he “just didn’t feel right” following the hit — a troubling development given his concussion history. Nash missed four games last season after getting concussed on a bodycheck from Boston’s Milan Lucic.
Yahoo!’s Nick Consonika was “hearing” that Nash is expected to be out 7-10 days.
If true, it’s possible Nash could miss as many as four games. The Rangers play tonight in Anaheim, Saturday in St. Louis, Wednesday in Washington and Saturday in New Jersey — the latter coming on Oct. 19, which would fall between the 7-10 day window.
Losing Nash for any length of time will be a big blow. He’s currently tied for the team lead in assists (three) and points (three) and led the Rangers in goals last season, with 21.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 10
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 55
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (55)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)