Oct 10, 2013, 10:11 PM EST
Colorado Avalanche coach Patrick Roy hasn’t shied away from controversy so far, but he has gotten results.
The Avalanche have gotten off to a 4-0-0 start and improved to 7-0-1 in their last eight contests in the Bruins’ TD Garden, notes the Avalanche. This is also their best start since the franchise relocated to Colorado.
Roy made headlines in his season opener for getting into an altercation with Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau and then referring to the bench boss as “classless” for spreading what Roy says are lies. However, Roy had nothing but praise for Bruins coach Claude Julien before this match.
“I have so much respect for him and he’s a great coach,” Roy told NHL.com. “When you’re in the finals of the Stanley Cup two years … you deserve a lot of credit and respect. Every time I spoke to him, at the time I asked him a few questions, he was always available.”
Julien won’t have an opportunity to get a rematch against Roy until March 21. The question is; will the Avalanche’s early winning streak be seen as an anomaly at that point or the start of a surprisingly successful campaign?
Dec 12, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Activated off IR, will face the Flames in Calgary tonight.
Dec 12, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Helped the Flames win their first and only Stanley Cup in 1989.
Dec 12, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
Game goes March 1 (on NBC).
Dec 12, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
News and notes from the blue paint…
Dec 12, 2013, 2:32 PM EST
Will get an MRI tomorrow.
Dec 12, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
“We want black and blue hockey.”
Dec 12, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
He broke in as a 19-year-old during the 2011-12 campaign.
Dec 12, 2013, 1:42 PM EST
Former Oilers draftee had been with AHL Adirondack.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 PM EST
Buffalo’s in Ottawa to play the Sens tonight.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:37 PM EST
Dec 12, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Assistant general manager John Weisbrod also relieved of duties.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
Montreal’s in town tonight.
Dec 12, 2013, 11:53 AM EST
Club looking to snap a three-game winless streak.
Dec 12, 2013, 11:29 AM EST
File under “things that happen when a team is co-owned by fierce competitors.”
Dec 12, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
Bit of a shakeup in Ottawa.
Dec 12, 2013, 10:39 AM EST
He was injured on a hit by fellow Tampa Bay prospect Adam Erne.
Dec 12, 2013, 10:20 AM EST
He could be back in the lineup next week.
Dec 12, 2013, 9:12 AM EST
They’ve dug themselves a big hole early on.
Dec 12, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
That and all the links you need to start the day.
Dec 12, 2013, 7:15 AM EST
Perhaps up to $71 million for next season.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 24
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)