Oct 10, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche coach Patrick Roy hasn’t shied away from controversy so far, but he has gotten results.
The Avalanche have gotten off to a 4-0-0 start and improved to 7-0-1 in their last eight contests in the Bruins’ TD Garden, notes the Avalanche. This is also their best start since the franchise relocated to Colorado.
Roy made headlines in his season opener for getting into an altercation with Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau and then referring to the bench boss as “classless” for spreading what Roy says are lies. However, Roy had nothing but praise for Bruins coach Claude Julien before this match.
“I have so much respect for him and he’s a great coach,” Roy told NHL.com. “When you’re in the finals of the Stanley Cup two years … you deserve a lot of credit and respect. Every time I spoke to him, at the time I asked him a few questions, he was always available.”
Julien won’t have an opportunity to get a rematch against Roy until March 21. The question is; will the Avalanche’s early winning streak be seen as an anomaly at that point or the start of a surprisingly successful campaign?
Oct 21, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
Both players have missed the start of the season.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:33 AM EDT
Of course Philadelphia needs to take care of business in its own end too.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Oct 21, 2014, 1:56 AM EDT
Get out the swear jar.
Oct 21, 2014, 1:11 AM EDT
Yeah, he was.
Oct 21, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
It finally happened and it happened with a late goal.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:57 PM EDT
Caught Taylor Hall with a heavy hit earlier in the game.
Oct 20, 2014, 11:24 PM EDT
Now, can they hang on for the win?
Oct 20, 2014, 11:07 PM EDT
Talking about the Oilers perhaps trading one of their young players.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
Heavy hit along the boards.
Oct 20, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
That’s about as much trash talk as you’re going to get from Willie D.
Oct 20, 2014, 9:21 PM EDT
Alex Killorn is – again, this is based on same report – out of the lineup.
Oct 20, 2014, 8:33 PM EDT
“He’s got to go and maybe play out of the spotlight that we have here in Toronto.”
Oct 20, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
“I’ve played three games and it hasn’t gone even close to the way it needs to be.”
Oct 20, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Leafs add some organizational depth.
Oct 20, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Colorado, getting some good news in goal.
Oct 20, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Caps are off on a road trip to Western Canada.
Oct 20, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Coach Cooper cites the long trip to Edmonton from Syracuse as reason to keep the rookie out against the Oilers.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
A fairly well-deserved honor.
Oct 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
News and notes from the blue paint…
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 1
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)