Oct 10, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche coach Patrick Roy hasn’t shied away from controversy so far, but he has gotten results.
The Avalanche have gotten off to a 4-0-0 start and improved to 7-0-1 in their last eight contests in the Bruins’ TD Garden, notes the Avalanche. This is also their best start since the franchise relocated to Colorado.
Roy made headlines in his season opener for getting into an altercation with Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau and then referring to the bench boss as “classless” for spreading what Roy says are lies. However, Roy had nothing but praise for Bruins coach Claude Julien before this match.
“I have so much respect for him and he’s a great coach,” Roy told NHL.com. “When you’re in the finals of the Stanley Cup two years … you deserve a lot of credit and respect. Every time I spoke to him, at the time I asked him a few questions, he was always available.”
Julien won’t have an opportunity to get a rematch against Roy until March 21. The question is; will the Avalanche’s early winning streak be seen as an anomaly at that point or the start of a surprisingly successful campaign?
Jul 31, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
There is a key deadline approaching though.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Johnson won a gold medal in 1988, but it was taken away because of a positive steroids test.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
There’s a $500 million expansion fee to consider.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
This will be a key season for him.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because once Voracek’s eight-year contract kicks in, they’ll be part of that list.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
The Flyers also have forwards Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier locked up.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
The 37-year-old still wants to continue his career.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Along with Yao Ming.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
“Nobody benefits from a short-term deal like this, in particular, our hockey department.”
Jul 30, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Vancouver wasting little time locking up the target of Tuesday’s trade.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Boston could use some depth on its back end.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Hearing is scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m. ET.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Alleged incident involved a female victim.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
As opposed to just his skill.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The former general manager “wasn’t prepared to make the changes that needed to be made.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)