Oct 10, 2013, 10:11 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche coach Patrick Roy hasn’t shied away from controversy so far, but he has gotten results.
The Avalanche have gotten off to a 4-0-0 start and improved to 7-0-1 in their last eight contests in the Bruins’ TD Garden, notes the Avalanche. This is also their best start since the franchise relocated to Colorado.
Roy made headlines in his season opener for getting into an altercation with Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau and then referring to the bench boss as “classless” for spreading what Roy says are lies. However, Roy had nothing but praise for Bruins coach Claude Julien before this match.
“I have so much respect for him and he’s a great coach,” Roy told NHL.com. “When you’re in the finals of the Stanley Cup two years … you deserve a lot of credit and respect. Every time I spoke to him, at the time I asked him a few questions, he was always available.”
Julien won’t have an opportunity to get a rematch against Roy until March 21. The question is; will the Avalanche’s early winning streak be seen as an anomaly at that point or the start of a surprisingly successful campaign?
Oct 2, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Beginning with that blueline.
Oct 2, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Veteran d-man up for grabs.
Oct 2, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Connor Carrick, Garrett Mitchell and Casey Wellman are on their way to Hershey.
Oct 2, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
Veteran d-man spent the last five years in Minnesota.
Oct 2, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
“I don’t want to draw too many comparisons to last year, but with this system we’re going to be able to engage in the battle.”
Oct 2, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
“I don’t take for granted I’m going to be on this team.”
Oct 2, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
Ken Hitchcock says the “playoffs tell you everything.” So what does that say about the Blues?
Oct 2, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Seventh overall pick at ’14 draft is headed to WHL Red Deer.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
They’re betting on him lasting longer than Spezza.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
They didn’t want another top forward to slip away.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:23 AM EDT
Toronto signed him to a three-year deal in July.
Oct 2, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
A few tough breaks and the optimism is eroding a bit.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:26 AM EDT
That brings the Penguins’ roster down to 31 players.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
He may begin 2014-15 banged up.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
“The next few days will be the turning point,” GM Jim Rutherford said.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
The early word is that he’s OK, though.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
It’s not as foolish as it sounds … maybe.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Worth a try.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
According to fellow Swede and Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg.
- Risk Factors: Philadelphia Flyers edition 0
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 7
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 18
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (26)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)