Oct 10, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are going to get a physical presence back in their lineup tonight.
Forward Jared Boll, who’s been out with an upper body issue, will return for tonight’s game in Buffalo (paywall) against the Sabres on the fourth line. While he’s not a full-blown enforcer, he adds a toughness element that was missing from the Blue Jackets lineup.
As for who comes out for Boll, rookie Boone Jenner may wind up in the press box.
One thing to note from Boll’s career to this point in the NHL, he’s had triple-digits in penalty minutes every season. Six straight years of at least 100 PIMs is something else in this day and age. Even in last season’s lockout-shortened year he pulled down 100.
Considering he’s fresh off an injury, if John Scott suits up for Buffalo tonight he may want to avoid him.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)