Oct 10, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are going to get a physical presence back in their lineup tonight.
Forward Jared Boll, who’s been out with an upper body issue, will return for tonight’s game in Buffalo (paywall) against the Sabres on the fourth line. While he’s not a full-blown enforcer, he adds a toughness element that was missing from the Blue Jackets lineup.
As for who comes out for Boll, rookie Boone Jenner may wind up in the press box.
One thing to note from Boll’s career to this point in the NHL, he’s had triple-digits in penalty minutes every season. Six straight years of at least 100 PIMs is something else in this day and age. Even in last season’s lockout-shortened year he pulled down 100.
Considering he’s fresh off an injury, if John Scott suits up for Buffalo tonight he may want to avoid him.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 23
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3