Oct 10, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are going to get a physical presence back in their lineup tonight.
Forward Jared Boll, who’s been out with an upper body issue, will return for tonight’s game in Buffalo (paywall) against the Sabres on the fourth line. While he’s not a full-blown enforcer, he adds a toughness element that was missing from the Blue Jackets lineup.
As for who comes out for Boll, rookie Boone Jenner may wind up in the press box.
One thing to note from Boll’s career to this point in the NHL, he’s had triple-digits in penalty minutes every season. Six straight years of at least 100 PIMs is something else in this day and age. Even in last season’s lockout-shortened year he pulled down 100.
Considering he’s fresh off an injury, if John Scott suits up for Buffalo tonight he may want to avoid him.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)