Oct 10, 2013, 10:10 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets are going to get a physical presence back in their lineup tonight.
Forward Jared Boll, who’s been out with an upper body issue, will return for tonight’s game in Buffalo (paywall) against the Sabres on the fourth line. While he’s not a full-blown enforcer, he adds a toughness element that was missing from the Blue Jackets lineup.
As for who comes out for Boll, rookie Boone Jenner may wind up in the press box.
One thing to note from Boll’s career to this point in the NHL, he’s had triple-digits in penalty minutes every season. Six straight years of at least 100 PIMs is something else in this day and age. Even in last season’s lockout-shortened year he pulled down 100.
Considering he’s fresh off an injury, if John Scott suits up for Buffalo tonight he may want to avoid him.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)