Oct 9, 2013, 11:26 AM EDT
In something of a surprising move, the Minnesota Wild went back to a familiar face on Wednesday and recalled veteran forward Stephane Veilleux from AHL Iowa.
Veilleux, 31, played with Minnesota from 2002-09 before embarking on a journey to Tampa Bay, the SM-liiga, the Swiss league and the New Jersey Devils organization before being re-acquired in the Marek Zidlicky trade of 2012.
He appeared in 21 games that season, then spent the entire 2013 campaign with AHL Houston before getting called up for Minnesota’s first-round playoff series against Chicago — and appearing in two games.
Zucker, 21, is a diminutive skill forward that can rack up the points. He had 24 goals and 50 points in 55 games for the Aeros last year and four goals in 20 games with the Wild, scoring the OT winner in Minnesota’s lone playoff win over Chicago last spring.
Zucker made his ’13-14 regular season debut in Tuesday’s loss to Nashville, playing 13:13 while registering one shot on goal.
McMillan, recalled on an emergency basis, did not dress for the game.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)