Oct 9, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Bill “Spaceman” Lee.
Yep, according to Canucks head coach John Tortorella, Booth is a “weird dude.”
But not to worry — “It’s good to have weird dudes,” says Torts, per the Globe and Mail’s David Ebner.
While Booth has yet to cozy up to any North Korean dictators or drop acid before games (to our knowledge), he’s certainly made his share of non-hockey headlines since coming to the Canucks in 2011. Most notably, the 28-year-old Michigan native is an avid hunter, and not shy about sharing his love for the activity.
With regards to the hunting stuff, we’re not sure Torts — a committed animal-welfare advocate — likes that so much.
A tweet from TSN’s Farhan Lalji:
Whatever his coach doesn’t like hasn’t affected his ice time. Last night, Booth played 18:32 in Vancouver’s 3-2 OT win over the Devils, collecting an assist on Mike Santorelli‘s winning goal.
“He can be an asset in how we want to play on the puck,” Tortorella said of Booth during the preseason. “He could be a really good player, but the question is health and it’s out of my control. If he can stay healthy, it slots people in different spots. We get a good player like that in the lineup and it really helps us.”
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)