Oct 9, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Bill “Spaceman” Lee.
Yep, according to Canucks head coach John Tortorella, Booth is a “weird dude.”
But not to worry — “It’s good to have weird dudes,” says Torts, per the Globe and Mail’s David Ebner.
While Booth has yet to cozy up to any North Korean dictators or drop acid before games (to our knowledge), he’s certainly made his share of non-hockey headlines since coming to the Canucks in 2011. Most notably, the 28-year-old Michigan native is an avid hunter, and not shy about sharing his love for the activity.
With regards to the hunting stuff, we’re not sure Torts — a committed animal-welfare advocate — likes that so much.
A tweet from TSN’s Farhan Lalji:
Whatever his coach doesn’t like hasn’t affected his ice time. Last night, Booth played 18:32 in Vancouver’s 3-2 OT win over the Devils, collecting an assist on Mike Santorelli‘s winning goal.
“He can be an asset in how we want to play on the puck,” Tortorella said of Booth during the preseason. “He could be a really good player, but the question is health and it’s out of my control. If he can stay healthy, it slots people in different spots. We get a good player like that in the lineup and it really helps us.”
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (79)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)