Oct 9, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Bill “Spaceman” Lee.
Yep, according to Canucks head coach John Tortorella, Booth is a “weird dude.”
But not to worry — “It’s good to have weird dudes,” says Torts, per the Globe and Mail’s David Ebner.
While Booth has yet to cozy up to any North Korean dictators or drop acid before games (to our knowledge), he’s certainly made his share of non-hockey headlines since coming to the Canucks in 2011. Most notably, the 28-year-old Michigan native is an avid hunter, and not shy about sharing his love for the activity.
With regards to the hunting stuff, we’re not sure Torts — a committed animal-welfare advocate — likes that so much.
A tweet from TSN’s Farhan Lalji:
Whatever his coach doesn’t like hasn’t affected his ice time. Last night, Booth played 18:32 in Vancouver’s 3-2 OT win over the Devils, collecting an assist on Mike Santorelli‘s winning goal.
“He can be an asset in how we want to play on the puck,” Tortorella said of Booth during the preseason. “He could be a really good player, but the question is health and it’s out of my control. If he can stay healthy, it slots people in different spots. We get a good player like that in the lineup and it really helps us.”
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)