Oct 9, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Bill “Spaceman” Lee.
Yep, according to Canucks head coach John Tortorella, Booth is a “weird dude.”
But not to worry — “It’s good to have weird dudes,” says Torts, per the Globe and Mail’s David Ebner.
While Booth has yet to cozy up to any North Korean dictators or drop acid before games (to our knowledge), he’s certainly made his share of non-hockey headlines since coming to the Canucks in 2011. Most notably, the 28-year-old Michigan native is an avid hunter, and not shy about sharing his love for the activity.
With regards to the hunting stuff, we’re not sure Torts — a committed animal-welfare advocate — likes that so much.
A tweet from TSN’s Farhan Lalji:
Whatever his coach doesn’t like hasn’t affected his ice time. Last night, Booth played 18:32 in Vancouver’s 3-2 OT win over the Devils, collecting an assist on Mike Santorelli‘s winning goal.
“He can be an asset in how we want to play on the puck,” Tortorella said of Booth during the preseason. “He could be a really good player, but the question is health and it’s out of my control. If he can stay healthy, it slots people in different spots. We get a good player like that in the lineup and it really helps us.”
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)