Oct 9, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
Bill “Spaceman” Lee.
Yep, according to Canucks head coach John Tortorella, Booth is a “weird dude.”
But not to worry — “It’s good to have weird dudes,” says Torts, per the Globe and Mail’s David Ebner.
While Booth has yet to cozy up to any North Korean dictators or drop acid before games (to our knowledge), he’s certainly made his share of non-hockey headlines since coming to the Canucks in 2011. Most notably, the 28-year-old Michigan native is an avid hunter, and not shy about sharing his love for the activity.
With regards to the hunting stuff, we’re not sure Torts — a committed animal-welfare advocate — likes that so much.
A tweet from TSN’s Farhan Lalji:
Whatever his coach doesn’t like hasn’t affected his ice time. Last night, Booth played 18:32 in Vancouver’s 3-2 OT win over the Devils, collecting an assist on Mike Santorelli‘s winning goal.
“He can be an asset in how we want to play on the puck,” Tortorella said of Booth during the preseason. “He could be a really good player, but the question is health and it’s out of my control. If he can stay healthy, it slots people in different spots. We get a good player like that in the lineup and it really helps us.”
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17