Oct 9, 2013, 4:36 PM EST
Panthers goalie Tim Thomas may or may not be placed on injured reserve later today, according to Florida head coach Kevin Dineen.
If Thomas does go on IR as a result of the groin injury he suffered last night in Philadelphia, it would mean he’s out at least a week.
But, per George Richards of the Miami Herald, the 39-year-old says his groin is responding well to treatment and he doesn’t think he’ll be out long, so the Panthers may choose not to go that route.
Regardless, Jacob Markstrom is expected to start tomorrow in Tampa Bay after stopping all 25 Flyers shots he faced last night in relief of Thomas.
Veteran Scott Clemmensen is available to serve as backup.
The Panthers have a busy stretch coming up. After tomorrow’s Lightning game, they host Pittsburgh Friday and Los Angeles Sunday before heading to Nashville for a meeting with the Predators on Tuesday.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 29
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)