Oct 9, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
Panthers goalie Tim Thomas may or may not be placed on injured reserve later today, according to Florida head coach Kevin Dineen.
If Thomas does go on IR as a result of the groin injury he suffered last night in Philadelphia, it would mean he’s out at least a week.
But, per George Richards of the Miami Herald, the 39-year-old says his groin is responding well to treatment and he doesn’t think he’ll be out long, so the Panthers may choose not to go that route.
Regardless, Jacob Markstrom is expected to start tomorrow in Tampa Bay after stopping all 25 Flyers shots he faced last night in relief of Thomas.
Veteran Scott Clemmensen is available to serve as backup.
The Panthers have a busy stretch coming up. After tomorrow’s Lightning game, they host Pittsburgh Friday and Los Angeles Sunday before heading to Nashville for a meeting with the Predators on Tuesday.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 8
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 40
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)