Oct 9, 2013, 4:36 PM EST
Panthers goalie Tim Thomas may or may not be placed on injured reserve later today, according to Florida head coach Kevin Dineen.
If Thomas does go on IR as a result of the groin injury he suffered last night in Philadelphia, it would mean he’s out at least a week.
But, per George Richards of the Miami Herald, the 39-year-old says his groin is responding well to treatment and he doesn’t think he’ll be out long, so the Panthers may choose not to go that route.
Regardless, Jacob Markstrom is expected to start tomorrow in Tampa Bay after stopping all 25 Flyers shots he faced last night in relief of Thomas.
Veteran Scott Clemmensen is available to serve as backup.
The Panthers have a busy stretch coming up. After tomorrow’s Lightning game, they host Pittsburgh Friday and Los Angeles Sunday before heading to Nashville for a meeting with the Predators on Tuesday.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 60
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 3
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (60)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)