Oct 9, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
The league did note, however, that the Department of Player Safety reserves the right to change that if new information is discovered.
The incident in question occurred during Philly’s 2-1 win on Tuesday night. Gudbranson nailed Hartnell with 10 minutes to go in the third period and was tossed from the game:
Hartnell was down on the ice for a few minutes before getting up and finishing the game. He didn’t suffer any apparent injury but, following the contest, said he was definitely feeling the hit.
“I was more scared than anything — I don’t know if ‘scared’ is the right word,” Hartnell told CSN Philly. “But you never want to see a guy go awkwardly into the boards like that.
“Hasn’t happened to me in a couple years, but yeah, my shoulder’s not feeling that great, more just a little dazed or whatever.”
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10