Oct 9, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
The league did note, however, that the Department of Player Safety reserves the right to change that if new information is discovered.
The incident in question occurred during Philly’s 2-1 win on Tuesday night. Gudbranson nailed Hartnell with 10 minutes to go in the third period and was tossed from the game:
Hartnell was down on the ice for a few minutes before getting up and finishing the game. He didn’t suffer any apparent injury but, following the contest, said he was definitely feeling the hit.
“I was more scared than anything — I don’t know if ‘scared’ is the right word,” Hartnell told CSN Philly. “But you never want to see a guy go awkwardly into the boards like that.
“Hasn’t happened to me in a couple years, but yeah, my shoulder’s not feeling that great, more just a little dazed or whatever.”
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 36
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 27
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25