Oct 9, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
The league did note, however, that the Department of Player Safety reserves the right to change that if new information is discovered.
The incident in question occurred during Philly’s 2-1 win on Tuesday night. Gudbranson nailed Hartnell with 10 minutes to go in the third period and was tossed from the game:
Hartnell was down on the ice for a few minutes before getting up and finishing the game. He didn’t suffer any apparent injury but, following the contest, said he was definitely feeling the hit.
“I was more scared than anything — I don’t know if ‘scared’ is the right word,” Hartnell told CSN Philly. “But you never want to see a guy go awkwardly into the boards like that.
“Hasn’t happened to me in a couple years, but yeah, my shoulder’s not feeling that great, more just a little dazed or whatever.”
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39