Oct 9, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
The league did note, however, that the Department of Player Safety reserves the right to change that if new information is discovered.
The incident in question occurred during Philly’s 2-1 win on Tuesday night. Gudbranson nailed Hartnell with 10 minutes to go in the third period and was tossed from the game:
Hartnell was down on the ice for a few minutes before getting up and finishing the game. He didn’t suffer any apparent injury but, following the contest, said he was definitely feeling the hit.
“I was more scared than anything — I don’t know if ‘scared’ is the right word,” Hartnell told CSN Philly. “But you never want to see a guy go awkwardly into the boards like that.
“Hasn’t happened to me in a couple years, but yeah, my shoulder’s not feeling that great, more just a little dazed or whatever.”
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 41
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 27
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)