Oct 9, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
The league did note, however, that the Department of Player Safety reserves the right to change that if new information is discovered.
The incident in question occurred during Philly’s 2-1 win on Tuesday night. Gudbranson nailed Hartnell with 10 minutes to go in the third period and was tossed from the game:
Hartnell was down on the ice for a few minutes before getting up and finishing the game. He didn’t suffer any apparent injury but, following the contest, said he was definitely feeling the hit.
“I was more scared than anything — I don’t know if ‘scared’ is the right word,” Hartnell told CSN Philly. “But you never want to see a guy go awkwardly into the boards like that.
“Hasn’t happened to me in a couple years, but yeah, my shoulder’s not feeling that great, more just a little dazed or whatever.”
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)