Oct 9, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Goaltending may be the least of the Sabres’ concerns these days, but hey, good news is good news — goalie Ryan Miller is “healthy” and will start tomorrow versus Columbus, according to Buffalo head coach Ron Rolston.
Combined, Miller and Enroth have registered an impressive .933 save percentage so far this season; however, a woeful lack of offense (four goals in four games) has meant the Sabres (0-3-1) are still searching for their first win.
Miller started Buffalo’s first two contests, stopping 77 of 80 shots, but his efforts were wasted as the Sabres lost 2-1 to Detroit and 1-0 to Ottawa.
At the risk of giving up on a team too early, the way the Sabres are going (translation: towards another missed postseason), a healthy Miller could give them an intriguing trade chip to play prior to the March 5 deadline, assuming the 33-year-old pending unrestricted free agent doesn’t sign an extension before then.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (110)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)