Oct 9, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Goaltending may be the least of the Sabres’ concerns these days, but hey, good news is good news — goalie Ryan Miller is “healthy” and will start tomorrow versus Columbus, according to Buffalo head coach Ron Rolston.
Combined, Miller and Enroth have registered an impressive .933 save percentage so far this season; however, a woeful lack of offense (four goals in four games) has meant the Sabres (0-3-1) are still searching for their first win.
Miller started Buffalo’s first two contests, stopping 77 of 80 shots, but his efforts were wasted as the Sabres lost 2-1 to Detroit and 1-0 to Ottawa.
At the risk of giving up on a team too early, the way the Sabres are going (translation: towards another missed postseason), a healthy Miller could give them an intriguing trade chip to play prior to the March 5 deadline, assuming the 33-year-old pending unrestricted free agent doesn’t sign an extension before then.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)