Oct 9, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
Maple Leafs winger Joffrey Lupul is “day-to-day” with a bruised calf, according to Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle.
As a result, Lupul’s status for Thursday’s game in Nashville can be considered questionable.
“He’s coming with us [on the trip],” Carlyle said, per the Globe and Mail. “Hopefully the swelling will have subsided and he’ll be back to normal shortly.”
Lupul suffered the injury in a collision with Colorado forward PA Parenteau.
At today’s practice, AHL call-up Josh Leivo reportedly took Lupul’s place on the second line with Mason Raymond and Dave Bolland.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 0
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15