Oct 9, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
Maple Leafs winger Joffrey Lupul is “day-to-day” with a bruised calf, according to Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle.
As a result, Lupul’s status for Thursday’s game in Nashville can be considered questionable.
“He’s coming with us [on the trip],” Carlyle said, per the Globe and Mail. “Hopefully the swelling will have subsided and he’ll be back to normal shortly.”
Lupul suffered the injury in a collision with Colorado forward PA Parenteau.
At today’s practice, AHL call-up Josh Leivo reportedly took Lupul’s place on the second line with Mason Raymond and Dave Bolland.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)