Oct 9, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
Maple Leafs winger Joffrey Lupul is “day-to-day” with a bruised calf, according to Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle.
As a result, Lupul’s status for Thursday’s game in Nashville can be considered questionable.
“He’s coming with us [on the trip],” Carlyle said, per the Globe and Mail. “Hopefully the swelling will have subsided and he’ll be back to normal shortly.”
Lupul suffered the injury in a collision with Colorado forward PA Parenteau.
At today’s practice, AHL call-up Josh Leivo reportedly took Lupul’s place on the second line with Mason Raymond and Dave Bolland.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20