Oct 9, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
Maple Leafs winger Joffrey Lupul is “day-to-day” with a bruised calf, according to Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle.
As a result, Lupul’s status for Thursday’s game in Nashville can be considered questionable.
“He’s coming with us [on the trip],” Carlyle said, per the Globe and Mail. “Hopefully the swelling will have subsided and he’ll be back to normal shortly.”
Lupul suffered the injury in a collision with Colorado forward PA Parenteau.
At today’s practice, AHL call-up Josh Leivo reportedly took Lupul’s place on the second line with Mason Raymond and Dave Bolland.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 6
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 75
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)