Oct 9, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
Maple Leafs winger Joffrey Lupul is “day-to-day” with a bruised calf, according to Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle.
As a result, Lupul’s status for Thursday’s game in Nashville can be considered questionable.
“He’s coming with us [on the trip],” Carlyle said, per the Globe and Mail. “Hopefully the swelling will have subsided and he’ll be back to normal shortly.”
Lupul suffered the injury in a collision with Colorado forward PA Parenteau.
At today’s practice, AHL call-up Josh Leivo reportedly took Lupul’s place on the second line with Mason Raymond and Dave Bolland.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54