Oct 9, 2013, 5:04 PM EST
The incident occurred at 13:42 of the third period. Nielsen was assessed a minor penalty for slashing, a nasty response after he and Hanzal were tangled in the corner. Earlier in the period, Hanzal drew the Isles’ ire with a two-minute roughing minor on Michael Grabner.
The incident led to some Danish feuding as Phoenix’s Mikkel Boedker — who, along with Nielsen is one of just five NHLers from Denmark — went after the Isles forward for chopping down his teammate.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12