Oct 9, 2013, 5:04 PM EST
The incident occurred at 13:42 of the third period. Nielsen was assessed a minor penalty for slashing, a nasty response after he and Hanzal were tangled in the corner. Earlier in the period, Hanzal drew the Isles’ ire with a two-minute roughing minor on Michael Grabner.
The incident led to some Danish feuding as Phoenix’s Mikkel Boedker — who, along with Nielsen is one of just five NHLers from Denmark — went after the Isles forward for chopping down his teammate.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54