Oct 9, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Clutterbuck, 25, is ready to play after missing the first three games of the season with a leg laceration suffered during the preseason. Original estimates suggested he’d miss 4-6 weeks, but the Isles winger will be ready to go when his team takes on the defending Cup champion Blackhawks on Friday.
Tootoo, 30, has been sidelined since Sept. 19 with a shoulder injury and missed Detroit’s first three games of the season as a result. Though he’s been medically cleared, there’s no telling when he’s actually get back in the lineup — he was a healthy scratch at times last season and Detroit has a glut of forwards currently available for selection.
Despite this, Tootoo is excited at the prospect of getting back in.
“I’m in the right state to get back at ‘er,” he told the Red Wings website. “It’s about making sure every day I come to the rink I’m ready mentally and physically.”
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)