Oct 9, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Clutterbuck, 25, is ready to play after missing the first three games of the season with a leg laceration suffered during the preseason. Original estimates suggested he’d miss 4-6 weeks, but the Isles winger will be ready to go when his team takes on the defending Cup champion Blackhawks on Friday.
Tootoo, 30, has been sidelined since Sept. 19 with a shoulder injury and missed Detroit’s first three games of the season as a result. Though he’s been medically cleared, there’s no telling when he’s actually get back in the lineup — he was a healthy scratch at times last season and Detroit has a glut of forwards currently available for selection.
Despite this, Tootoo is excited at the prospect of getting back in.
“I’m in the right state to get back at ‘er,” he told the Red Wings website. “It’s about making sure every day I come to the rink I’m ready mentally and physically.”
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)