Oct 9, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Clutterbuck, 25, is ready to play after missing the first three games of the season with a leg laceration suffered during the preseason. Original estimates suggested he’d miss 4-6 weeks, but the Isles winger will be ready to go when his team takes on the defending Cup champion Blackhawks on Friday.
Tootoo, 30, has been sidelined since Sept. 19 with a shoulder injury and missed Detroit’s first three games of the season as a result. Though he’s been medically cleared, there’s no telling when he’s actually get back in the lineup — he was a healthy scratch at times last season and Detroit has a glut of forwards currently available for selection.
Despite this, Tootoo is excited at the prospect of getting back in.
“I’m in the right state to get back at ‘er,” he told the Red Wings website. “It’s about making sure every day I come to the rink I’m ready mentally and physically.”
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63