Oct 9, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Clutterbuck, 25, is ready to play after missing the first three games of the season with a leg laceration suffered during the preseason. Original estimates suggested he’d miss 4-6 weeks, but the Isles winger will be ready to go when his team takes on the defending Cup champion Blackhawks on Friday.
Tootoo, 30, has been sidelined since Sept. 19 with a shoulder injury and missed Detroit’s first three games of the season as a result. Though he’s been medically cleared, there’s no telling when he’s actually get back in the lineup — he was a healthy scratch at times last season and Detroit has a glut of forwards currently available for selection.
Despite this, Tootoo is excited at the prospect of getting back in.
“I’m in the right state to get back at ‘er,” he told the Red Wings website. “It’s about making sure every day I come to the rink I’m ready mentally and physically.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5