Oct 9, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins announced the decision today.
The undisputed number one heading into the season, Dubnyk was shaky in his first two starts, surrendering 10 goals — including a couple from long range — on 59 shots to Winnipeg and Vancouver.
Of course, LaBarbera was hardly a brick wall in his lone start versus New Jersey, allowing four goals on 25 shots in a 5-4 shootout victory. So the decision to go back to Dubnyk in hopes of rebuilding his confidence makes sense, especially at this point in the season.
“There’s lots of hockey left to play,” Dubnyk said. “I’m excited to get back in there and turn things around.”
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 0
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 7
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 18
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20