Oct 9, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins announced the decision today.
The undisputed number one heading into the season, Dubnyk was shaky in his first two starts, surrendering 10 goals — including a couple from long range — on 59 shots to Winnipeg and Vancouver.
Of course, LaBarbera was hardly a brick wall in his lone start versus New Jersey, allowing four goals on 25 shots in a 5-4 shootout victory. So the decision to go back to Dubnyk in hopes of rebuilding his confidence makes sense, especially at this point in the season.
“There’s lots of hockey left to play,” Dubnyk said. “I’m excited to get back in there and turn things around.”
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)