Oct 9, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
During the first intermission, Mike Milbury called Wednesday’s Chicago Blackhawks – St. Louis Blues game a “turf war.” Well, the Blues narrowly won this rumble 3-2.
Let’s gab away:
- How underrated is Alex Steen? He made no mistake on that game-winning goal on a 3-on-1 rush with about 20 seconds left.
- Jaroslav Halak was a stud tonight, stopping every even-strength shot he saw. He’s in a contract year, so is this the time he’ll really put everything together? If so, where do the Blues rank among the NHL’s powers?
- How would these two teams match up in a playoff series? Chicago’s generally gotten the best of St. Louis recently, but don’t forget that referees tend to put their whistles away, which would probably benefit the Blues.
- Corey Crawford deserves some credit for strong play, too. Can the glove hand talk stop yet?
- Which West and East teams stack up best against these two contenders? Did we just watch the two best teams in the NHL duke it out?
- Are there any moments that you believe left the ‘Hawks kicking themselves after this loss?
- Any worries about the Blues’ PK? It’s worth noting that they were perfect before tonight, when they allowed two lightning-fast Chicago PP goals.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18