Oct 9, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
Though his team’s season is just two games old, Tom Gaglardi already has some areas for improvement.
“I look at the games, and I know our best players can be better,” the Stars owner told the Dallas Morning News. “So if you look at what we did in the second game, and you think you can be even better than that, then I think it’s pretty promising.”
Dallas opened the year with a flat 4-2 loss to Florida, a game which head coach Lindy Ruff said “maybe we thought it was going to be a little easy.”
The Stars rebounded with a 2-1 win over Washington in their second contest, but are still waiting for their big-ticket players to start producing.
Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn registered their first points of the season against the Caps — both notched assists on Erik Cole‘s opening tally — but don’t have any goals (rookie Alex Chiasson has two of the club’s four so far).
That said, Gaglardi thinks there are signs the team is on the right path.
“I like a lot of what I see, but I know there has to be more consistency,” he explained.“That opening game was a disappointment for everyone there, but they responded in the right way and now we have to see if they keep moving forward.”
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 2
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)