Oct 9, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
Though his team’s season is just two games old, Tom Gaglardi already has some areas for improvement.
“I look at the games, and I know our best players can be better,” the Stars owner told the Dallas Morning News. “So if you look at what we did in the second game, and you think you can be even better than that, then I think it’s pretty promising.”
Dallas opened the year with a flat 4-2 loss to Florida, a game which head coach Lindy Ruff said “maybe we thought it was going to be a little easy.”
The Stars rebounded with a 2-1 win over Washington in their second contest, but are still waiting for their big-ticket players to start producing.
Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn registered their first points of the season against the Caps — both notched assists on Erik Cole‘s opening tally — but don’t have any goals (rookie Alex Chiasson has two of the club’s four so far).
That said, Gaglardi thinks there are signs the team is on the right path.
“I like a lot of what I see, but I know there has to be more consistency,” he explained.“That opening game was a disappointment for everyone there, but they responded in the right way and now we have to see if they keep moving forward.”
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)