Oct 9, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
Though his team’s season is just two games old, Tom Gaglardi already has some areas for improvement.
“I look at the games, and I know our best players can be better,” the Stars owner told the Dallas Morning News. “So if you look at what we did in the second game, and you think you can be even better than that, then I think it’s pretty promising.”
Dallas opened the year with a flat 4-2 loss to Florida, a game which head coach Lindy Ruff said “maybe we thought it was going to be a little easy.”
The Stars rebounded with a 2-1 win over Washington in their second contest, but are still waiting for their big-ticket players to start producing.
Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn registered their first points of the season against the Caps — both notched assists on Erik Cole‘s opening tally — but don’t have any goals (rookie Alex Chiasson has two of the club’s four so far).
That said, Gaglardi thinks there are signs the team is on the right path.
“I like a lot of what I see, but I know there has to be more consistency,” he explained.“That opening game was a disappointment for everyone there, but they responded in the right way and now we have to see if they keep moving forward.”
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)