Oct 9, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
Though his team’s season is just two games old, Tom Gaglardi already has some areas for improvement.
“I look at the games, and I know our best players can be better,” the Stars owner told the Dallas Morning News. “So if you look at what we did in the second game, and you think you can be even better than that, then I think it’s pretty promising.”
Dallas opened the year with a flat 4-2 loss to Florida, a game which head coach Lindy Ruff said “maybe we thought it was going to be a little easy.”
The Stars rebounded with a 2-1 win over Washington in their second contest, but are still waiting for their big-ticket players to start producing.
Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn registered their first points of the season against the Caps — both notched assists on Erik Cole‘s opening tally — but don’t have any goals (rookie Alex Chiasson has two of the club’s four so far).
That said, Gaglardi thinks there are signs the team is on the right path.
“I like a lot of what I see, but I know there has to be more consistency,” he explained.“That opening game was a disappointment for everyone there, but they responded in the right way and now we have to see if they keep moving forward.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)