Oct 9, 2013, 2:13 PM EST
Though his team’s season is just two games old, Tom Gaglardi already has some areas for improvement.
“I look at the games, and I know our best players can be better,” the Stars owner told the Dallas Morning News. “So if you look at what we did in the second game, and you think you can be even better than that, then I think it’s pretty promising.”
Dallas opened the year with a flat 4-2 loss to Florida, a game which head coach Lindy Ruff said “maybe we thought it was going to be a little easy.”
The Stars rebounded with a 2-1 win over Washington in their second contest, but are still waiting for their big-ticket players to start producing.
Tyler Seguin and Jamie Benn registered their first points of the season against the Caps — both notched assists on Erik Cole‘s opening tally — but don’t have any goals (rookie Alex Chiasson has two of the club’s four so far).
That said, Gaglardi thinks there are signs the team is on the right path.
“I like a lot of what I see, but I know there has to be more consistency,” he explained.“That opening game was a disappointment for everyone there, but they responded in the right way and now we have to see if they keep moving forward.”
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)