Oct 9, 2013, 10:27 AM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning lost some depth up front in Tuesday’s win over Buffalo, as center Tom Pyatt broke his collarbone and will be out indefinitely.
Pyatt, 26, broke the collarbone in the third period of what was his regular season debut. He’d missed the first two games of the year with an upper-body injury.
A defensive forward with good checking skills that took plenty of faceoffs, Pyatt has had some success in Tampa Bay, scoring 12 goals and 19 points in 74 games during the 2011-12 campaign.
He also notched eight goals and 16 points during the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign, and led all Bolts forwards in blocked shots (36).
Aug 20, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
No real surprise here.
Aug 20, 2014, 1:55 PM EDT
How will he handle the weight of expectation?
Aug 20, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Another dramatic development.
Aug 20, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
“I’m confident in myself and confident I can get back to where I used to be.”
Aug 20, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
He’ll be reunited with former Boston College teammate Chris Kreider in New York.
Aug 20, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
The college star could push to make Philly’s blue line right away.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
And assigned to a U.S. District Judge in Minnesota.
Aug 20, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
It’s OK Alex, Claude Noel is gone now.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
They hope to improve on their first round loss to the Rangers.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
It’s been a good summer in Dallas.
Aug 19, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Yeah, we don’t get it either.
Aug 19, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
He’s not going out of his way for it, however.
Aug 19, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
You earn a lot of votes winning a Stanley Cup.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
He had a down season and worse playoffs last year.
Aug 19, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Will the Rangers reap the benefits?
Aug 19, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Can the former 15th overall pick establish himself as a full-time NHLer?
Aug 19, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
He was second on the team in goals last season.
Aug 19, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Capology and Corsi gone wild in Toronto.
Aug 19, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
It’s 105 games long and — perhaps most importantly — starts in just 33 days.
Aug 19, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Pending NHL Board of Governors approval.
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 0
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 9
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 8
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 44
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28