Oct 9, 2013, 11:27 PM EDT
Wednesday’s Rivalry Night game between the Blackhawks and Blues was skin-tight, but Alex Steen took advantage of Chicago’s late mistake to give St. Louis a 3-2 win. Needless to say, the ‘Hawks believe it was a tough way to lose:
Head coach Joel Quenneville told CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that he was happy with the overall effort, but not so much about the breakdown that happened before that 3-2 goal.
“We played a good game. But you can’t make a mistake like that,” Quenneville said. “Brutal loss. We’ve gotta get that game to overtime. I don’t now what we were thinking about.”
“I feel like tonight we got robbed of two points, and last game we got robbed of one point,” Toews said.
Even Corey Crawford is kicking himself.
“As a goalie, you want to come with a save,” Crawford said. “That’s one I stop a bunch of times if that’s replayed.”
Chicago won’t need to wait long to get another crack at the Blues. They’re scheduled to host St. Louis on Oct. 17.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)