Oct 9, 2013, 11:27 PM EDT
Wednesday’s Rivalry Night game between the Blackhawks and Blues was skin-tight, but Alex Steen took advantage of Chicago’s late mistake to give St. Louis a 3-2 win. Needless to say, the ‘Hawks believe it was a tough way to lose:
Head coach Joel Quenneville told CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that he was happy with the overall effort, but not so much about the breakdown that happened before that 3-2 goal.
“We played a good game. But you can’t make a mistake like that,” Quenneville said. “Brutal loss. We’ve gotta get that game to overtime. I don’t now what we were thinking about.”
“I feel like tonight we got robbed of two points, and last game we got robbed of one point,” Toews said.
Even Corey Crawford is kicking himself.
“As a goalie, you want to come with a save,” Crawford said. “That’s one I stop a bunch of times if that’s replayed.”
Chicago won’t need to wait long to get another crack at the Blues. They’re scheduled to host St. Louis on Oct. 17.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)