Oct 9, 2013, 11:27 PM EDT
Wednesday’s Rivalry Night game between the Blackhawks and Blues was skin-tight, but Alex Steen took advantage of Chicago’s late mistake to give St. Louis a 3-2 win. Needless to say, the ‘Hawks believe it was a tough way to lose:
Head coach Joel Quenneville told CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that he was happy with the overall effort, but not so much about the breakdown that happened before that 3-2 goal.
“We played a good game. But you can’t make a mistake like that,” Quenneville said. “Brutal loss. We’ve gotta get that game to overtime. I don’t now what we were thinking about.”
“I feel like tonight we got robbed of two points, and last game we got robbed of one point,” Toews said.
Even Corey Crawford is kicking himself.
“As a goalie, you want to come with a save,” Crawford said. “That’s one I stop a bunch of times if that’s replayed.”
Chicago won’t need to wait long to get another crack at the Blues. They’re scheduled to host St. Louis on Oct. 17.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)