Oct 9, 2013, 11:27 PM EDT
Wednesday’s Rivalry Night game between the Blackhawks and Blues was skin-tight, but Alex Steen took advantage of Chicago’s late mistake to give St. Louis a 3-2 win. Needless to say, the ‘Hawks believe it was a tough way to lose:
Head coach Joel Quenneville told CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers that he was happy with the overall effort, but not so much about the breakdown that happened before that 3-2 goal.
“We played a good game. But you can’t make a mistake like that,” Quenneville said. “Brutal loss. We’ve gotta get that game to overtime. I don’t now what we were thinking about.”
“I feel like tonight we got robbed of two points, and last game we got robbed of one point,” Toews said.
Even Corey Crawford is kicking himself.
“As a goalie, you want to come with a save,” Crawford said. “That’s one I stop a bunch of times if that’s replayed.”
Chicago won’t need to wait long to get another crack at the Blues. They’re scheduled to host St. Louis on Oct. 17.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)