Oct 8, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
It appears the illness that knocked Zach Parise out of Monday’s practice might be more serious than first thought.
On Tuesday, Minnesota recalled Carson McMillan from AHL Iowa as a precautionary measure, should Parise not be able to play tonight vs. Nashville.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune did note that all 12 forwards — Parise included — were on the ice for this morning’s skate.
That said, Wild head coach Mike Yeo said a “couple players” were not feeling well on Monday, so it’s possible someone other than Parise could miss the Preds tilt.
McMillan, 25, as appeared in 15 career contests for the Wild after being taken in the seven round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Since AHL Iowa has yet to open its 2013-14 campaign — they kick things off against Oklahoma City on Saturday — McMillan has been out of game action for a while.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 3
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 31
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)