Oct 8, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
It appears the illness that knocked Zach Parise out of Monday’s practice might be more serious than first thought.
On Tuesday, Minnesota recalled Carson McMillan from AHL Iowa as a precautionary measure, should Parise not be able to play tonight vs. Nashville.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune did note that all 12 forwards — Parise included — were on the ice for this morning’s skate.
That said, Wild head coach Mike Yeo said a “couple players” were not feeling well on Monday, so it’s possible someone other than Parise could miss the Preds tilt.
McMillan, 25, as appeared in 15 career contests for the Wild after being taken in the seven round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Since AHL Iowa has yet to open its 2013-14 campaign — they kick things off against Oklahoma City on Saturday — McMillan has been out of game action for a while.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 7
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)