Oct 8, 2013, 1:06 PM EST
It appears the illness that knocked Zach Parise out of Monday’s practice might be more serious than first thought.
On Tuesday, Minnesota recalled Carson McMillan from AHL Iowa as a precautionary measure, should Parise not be able to play tonight vs. Nashville.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune did note that all 12 forwards — Parise included — were on the ice for this morning’s skate.
That said, Wild head coach Mike Yeo said a “couple players” were not feeling well on Monday, so it’s possible someone other than Parise could miss the Preds tilt.
McMillan, 25, as appeared in 15 career contests for the Wild after being taken in the seven round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Since AHL Iowa has yet to open its 2013-14 campaign — they kick things off against Oklahoma City on Saturday — McMillan has been out of game action for a while.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)