Oct 8, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
It appears the illness that knocked Zach Parise out of Monday’s practice might be more serious than first thought.
On Tuesday, Minnesota recalled Carson McMillan from AHL Iowa as a precautionary measure, should Parise not be able to play tonight vs. Nashville.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune did note that all 12 forwards — Parise included — were on the ice for this morning’s skate.
That said, Wild head coach Mike Yeo said a “couple players” were not feeling well on Monday, so it’s possible someone other than Parise could miss the Preds tilt.
McMillan, 25, as appeared in 15 career contests for the Wild after being taken in the seven round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Since AHL Iowa has yet to open its 2013-14 campaign — they kick things off against Oklahoma City on Saturday — McMillan has been out of game action for a while.
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 0
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)