Oct 8, 2013, 1:06 PM EST
It appears the illness that knocked Zach Parise out of Monday’s practice might be more serious than first thought.
On Tuesday, Minnesota recalled Carson McMillan from AHL Iowa as a precautionary measure, should Parise not be able to play tonight vs. Nashville.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune did note that all 12 forwards — Parise included — were on the ice for this morning’s skate.
That said, Wild head coach Mike Yeo said a “couple players” were not feeling well on Monday, so it’s possible someone other than Parise could miss the Preds tilt.
McMillan, 25, as appeared in 15 career contests for the Wild after being taken in the seven round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Since AHL Iowa has yet to open its 2013-14 campaign — they kick things off against Oklahoma City on Saturday — McMillan has been out of game action for a while.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 0
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 23
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)