Oct 8, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s an instant favorite for blooper of the year.
On Monday night, L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick misplayed a long – very long – short-handed clearing attempt from Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh, and as a result of the blunder, the puck ended up in the back of the Kings’ net.
The goal gave the Rangers a 3-1 lead early in the third period. McDonagh dispatched the puck off the boards and down the ice after a won faceoff. Quick came out to play it, but dropped his stick and the puck bounced off his blocker and into a wide open net.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20