Oct 8, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s an instant favorite for blooper of the year.
On Monday night, L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick misplayed a long – very long – short-handed clearing attempt from Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh, and as a result of the blunder, the puck ended up in the back of the Kings’ net.
The goal gave the Rangers a 3-1 lead early in the third period. McDonagh dispatched the puck off the boards and down the ice after a won faceoff. Quick came out to play it, but dropped his stick and the puck bounced off his blocker and into a wide open net.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)