Oct 8, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s an instant favorite for blooper of the year.
On Monday night, L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick misplayed a long – very long – short-handed clearing attempt from Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh, and as a result of the blunder, the puck ended up in the back of the Kings’ net.
The goal gave the Rangers a 3-1 lead early in the third period. McDonagh dispatched the puck off the boards and down the ice after a won faceoff. Quick came out to play it, but dropped his stick and the puck bounced off his blocker and into a wide open net.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)