Oct 8, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
It’s an instant favorite for blooper of the year.
On Monday night, L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick misplayed a long – very long – short-handed clearing attempt from Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh, and as a result of the blunder, the puck ended up in the back of the Kings’ net.
The goal gave the Rangers a 3-1 lead early in the third period. McDonagh dispatched the puck off the boards and down the ice after a won faceoff. Quick came out to play it, but dropped his stick and the puck bounced off his blocker and into a wide open net.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)