Oct 8, 2013, 1:04 AM EST
It’s an instant favorite for blooper of the year.
On Monday night, L.A. Kings goalie Jonathan Quick misplayed a long – very long – short-handed clearing attempt from Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh, and as a result of the blunder, the puck ended up in the back of the Kings’ net.
The goal gave the Rangers a 3-1 lead early in the third period. McDonagh dispatched the puck off the boards and down the ice after a won faceoff. Quick came out to play it, but dropped his stick and the puck bounced off his blocker and into a wide open net.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11