Oct 8, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
Buffalo lost some experience but gained some youth on Tuesday.
The Sabres put veteran defenseman Henrik Tallinder on injured reserve with an upper-body injury, paving the way for 22-year-old Marcus Foligno to make his 2013-14 debut against Tampa after missing the first three games of the season with a shoulder ailment.
Foligno will play on a line with Tyler Ennis and Drew Stafford, a trio that achieved great success during the 2011-12 campaign. That year, Foligno burst onto the scene by scoring 13 points in 14 games.
“He can provide a lot of energy for us, so we’re looking for that tonight and a physical element out of him,” Sabres head coach Ron Rolston said, as per NHL.com. “It’s just finding the chemistry on lines, and I think [Foligno]‘s a guy that can make space for guys for us and get to the net.
“Those are some of the things we’ve been struggling with.”
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 4
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 18
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)