Oct 8, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
Buffalo lost some experience but gained some youth on Tuesday.
The Sabres put veteran defenseman Henrik Tallinder on injured reserve with an upper-body injury, paving the way for 22-year-old Marcus Foligno to make his 2013-14 debut against Tampa after missing the first three games of the season with a shoulder ailment.
Foligno will play on a line with Tyler Ennis and Drew Stafford, a trio that achieved great success during the 2011-12 campaign. That year, Foligno burst onto the scene by scoring 13 points in 14 games.
“He can provide a lot of energy for us, so we’re looking for that tonight and a physical element out of him,” Sabres head coach Ron Rolston said, as per NHL.com. “It’s just finding the chemistry on lines, and I think [Foligno]’s a guy that can make space for guys for us and get to the net.
“Those are some of the things we’ve been struggling with.”
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)