Oct 8, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
Buffalo lost some experience but gained some youth on Tuesday.
The Sabres put veteran defenseman Henrik Tallinder on injured reserve with an upper-body injury, paving the way for 22-year-old Marcus Foligno to make his 2013-14 debut against Tampa after missing the first three games of the season with a shoulder ailment.
Foligno will play on a line with Tyler Ennis and Drew Stafford, a trio that achieved great success during the 2011-12 campaign. That year, Foligno burst onto the scene by scoring 13 points in 14 games.
“He can provide a lot of energy for us, so we’re looking for that tonight and a physical element out of him,” Sabres head coach Ron Rolston said, as per NHL.com. “It’s just finding the chemistry on lines, and I think [Foligno]‘s a guy that can make space for guys for us and get to the net.
“Those are some of the things we’ve been struggling with.”
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)