Oct 8, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
Buffalo lost some experience but gained some youth on Tuesday.
The Sabres put veteran defenseman Henrik Tallinder on injured reserve with an upper-body injury, paving the way for 22-year-old Marcus Foligno to make his 2013-14 debut against Tampa after missing the first three games of the season with a shoulder ailment.
Foligno will play on a line with Tyler Ennis and Drew Stafford, a trio that achieved great success during the 2011-12 campaign. That year, Foligno burst onto the scene by scoring 13 points in 14 games.
“He can provide a lot of energy for us, so we’re looking for that tonight and a physical element out of him,” Sabres head coach Ron Rolston said, as per NHL.com. “It’s just finding the chemistry on lines, and I think [Foligno]‘s a guy that can make space for guys for us and get to the net.
“Those are some of the things we’ve been struggling with.”
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39