Oct 8, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
Another day, another NHLer off to Russia.
Garon, 35, was most recently in Kings camp on a PTO, but failed to latch on the with the club and was released just two days prior to the start of the regular season. He had been battling with Ben Scrivens for the backup job to Jonathan Quick.
The former Canadiens, Kings, Oilers, Penguins, Blue Jackets and Lightning goalie has 341 career appearances under his belt, winning 20-plus games three times (including a career-high 31 with L.A. in 2005-06).
Garon also won a Stanley Cup with Pittsburgh in 2009, serving as Marc-Andre Fleury‘s backup.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)