Oct 8, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan missed significant time in the second period of Monday’s game against the L.A. Kings.
Callahan suffered a cut in the mouth in a collision with Kings’ forward Anze Kopitar and was being worked on by the Rangers’ training staff, as per the club’s official Twitter account.
Callahan was making his season debut after off-season shoulder surgery.
Updated: Callahan returned to the game in the third period.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6