Oct 8, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
New York Rangers captain Ryan Callahan missed significant time in the second period of Monday’s game against the L.A. Kings.
Callahan suffered a cut in the mouth in a collision with Kings’ forward Anze Kopitar and was being worked on by the Rangers’ training staff, as per the club’s official Twitter account.
Callahan was making his season debut after off-season shoulder surgery.
Updated: Callahan returned to the game in the third period.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1