Oct 8, 2013, 6:40 PM EST
It looks like the Calgary Flames will have their hands full on Wednesday. Although they were both previously questionable, Max Pacioretty and captain Brian Gionta should both be available for that contest, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
Pacioretty wasn’t able to play on Saturday because of an arm injury, but now that he’s healthy, he should be one of the Canadiens’ biggest offensive threats. He broke out in 2011-12 with 65 points and had 39 points in 44 contests last season.
Gionta played in Montreal’s first two games, but his availability was thrown into doubt when he missed the flight to Calgary for personal reasons. As it turns out, he’ll rejoin the team in time for tomorrow’s action.
Montreal had a light start to the season, but starting on Wednesday, the Canadiens will play three road games in just four nights. After that, they’ll wrap up their current road trip in Winnipeg on Oct. 15.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54