Oct 8, 2013, 6:40 PM EST
It looks like the Calgary Flames will have their hands full on Wednesday. Although they were both previously questionable, Max Pacioretty and captain Brian Gionta should both be available for that contest, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
Pacioretty wasn’t able to play on Saturday because of an arm injury, but now that he’s healthy, he should be one of the Canadiens’ biggest offensive threats. He broke out in 2011-12 with 65 points and had 39 points in 44 contests last season.
Gionta played in Montreal’s first two games, but his availability was thrown into doubt when he missed the flight to Calgary for personal reasons. As it turns out, he’ll rejoin the team in time for tomorrow’s action.
Montreal had a light start to the season, but starting on Wednesday, the Canadiens will play three road games in just four nights. After that, they’ll wrap up their current road trip in Winnipeg on Oct. 15.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 25
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 37
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)