Oct 8, 2013, 6:40 PM EDT
It looks like the Calgary Flames will have their hands full on Wednesday. Although they were both previously questionable, Max Pacioretty and captain Brian Gionta should both be available for that contest, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
Pacioretty wasn’t able to play on Saturday because of an arm injury, but now that he’s healthy, he should be one of the Canadiens’ biggest offensive threats. He broke out in 2011-12 with 65 points and had 39 points in 44 contests last season.
Gionta played in Montreal’s first two games, but his availability was thrown into doubt when he missed the flight to Calgary for personal reasons. As it turns out, he’ll rejoin the team in time for tomorrow’s action.
Montreal had a light start to the season, but starting on Wednesday, the Canadiens will play three road games in just four nights. After that, they’ll wrap up their current road trip in Winnipeg on Oct. 15.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9